Author Topic: Nominee Sonia Sotomayor  (Read 10192 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Nominee Sonia Sotomayor
« on: May 26, 2009, 03:09:58 PM »
She doesn’t seem to have a substantial history with the second amendment.  Based on the fact that the Messiah is nominating her, however, I’d have to believe that this subject has been thoroughly discussed with the White House – and I would assume that her thoughts are not like ours.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: Nominee Sonia Sotomayor
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »
Here is how she stands with the Second Amendment. As a member of the United States Court of Appeals, for the Second Circuit, the court issued a ruling in Maloney v. Cuomo on January 28, 2009. In that ruling the court declared that the Second Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms applies only to the federal government.  Therefore, states and cities have the legal right to restrict and ban weapons because they are not the federal government.  The case was about a non-firearm weapon but its ruling on the Second Amendment was clear.  You can read the ruling here.

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jmm257/000-decision.pdf

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 03:18:47 AM »
Yeah, I saw that one, too.  It ain't good, but, it doesn't really get down to the nitty-gritty.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 10:25:12 AM »
Folks this is bad ral bad.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
re: Nominee Sonia Sotomayor
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »
The only thing that is positive is that she will be replacing a anti gun judge and one of the judges that voted against heller. We just have to hope that none of the five judges retire in the next 7 years
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »
Didnt think of it that way
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.