Author Topic: Chicago Gun Law upheld  (Read 9559 times)

Taurus221

• NRA member
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: Chicago Gun Law upheld
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 09:50:52 PM »
This is definately an interesting developement.  Found this on another website:
Originally, the Bill of Rights applied only to the federal government. Then during the 1900s, the Supreme Court began applying (or “incorporating”) most of the Bill of Rights to the states through the Fourteenth Amendment. Before that time, the Supreme Court had held back in 1876, and again in 1886, that the Second Amendment does not apply to the states. But it never had an occasion to revisit the Second Amendment during the 1900s incorporation cases. It also did not need to do so last year in the Heller case because Washington, D.C. is a federal enclave, not a state, and is therefore directly controlled by the Bill of Rights.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/06/04/klukowski_gun_issue_sotomayor/

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Chicago Gun Law upheld
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 02:10:20 AM »
It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds. NRA has filed to appeal this in the supreme court and may end up being a bigger decision to gun owners than the Heller decision was. Hopefully the 5 majority judges from the Heller case will stay with their beliefs and strike down this law.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!