Author Topic: Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor  (Read 9409 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:34:58 AM »
Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor
Friday, July 10, 2009 

TAMPA, Fla. —  Authorities say a bullet from a gun that was accidentally dropped injured a Tampa woman sitting in a bathroom stall.

Police say the bullet hit 53-year-old Janifer Bliss in the lower left leg. She was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.

Bliss was sitting on the toilet in a hotel bathroom when a woman in the next stall accidentally let her handgun slip out of her waist holster. The weapon discharged when it hit the ground.

Police say the gun belonged to 56-year-old Debra Monce who has a concealed weapons permit.

The case has been referred to the State Attorney's Office to determine if any charges will be filed.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 12:55:27 AM »
I foresee this being used against concealed carry by the Brady Campaign very soon, UGH  >:(
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 04:32:59 AM »
I foresee this being used against concealed carry by the Brady Campaign very soon, UGH  >:(
Sarah Brady:  It is very possible that you could be minding your own business while doing your busines, and then BLAM, you get shot while on the pot.  You never can tell when some NRA nutjob may be dropping a load next to you.  These people are so paranoid that they can't even go potty without taking a gun into the public restroom.     
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."