Author Topic: Travel Icon Says He'll Avoid Arizona Because of Gun Laws  (Read 9874 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Travel Icon Says He'll Avoid Arizona Because of Gun Laws
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:10:09 AM »

Friday, August 21, 2009 

PHOENIX —  Travel icon Arthur Frommer says he won't be spending his tourism dollars at the Grand Canyon, or anywhere else in Arizona, because the state's laws allow people he described as "thugs" and "extremists" to openly carry firearms.

The author of budget-travel guides said on his blog Wednesday that he was "shocked beyond measure" by reports that protesters openly carried guns and rifles outside a Phoenix building where President Barack Obama spoke on Monday.

Frommer says he won't personally travel in a state where civilians carry loaded weapons as a means of political protest.

Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon says he spoke with Frommer Thursday and invited him to visit the city to clear up any possible misconceptions about safety.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Travel Icon Says He'll Avoid Arizona Because of Gun Laws
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 12:41:21 PM »
Sounds like a place I may have to visit for my next vacation but only in the winter, I don't care if its a dry heat its still in the hundreds out there durring the summer, and as far as this Travel Icon never heard of him.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:18:28 PM »
Another guy who is supposed to provide a service for all people but is instead allowing his political slant to get in the way. If he were truthful his service would be called "Frommer's Travel Guide for Leftisits."
I went to Arizona in January and while I was there I went to a gun show in Tuscon. Loved the area. Loved the people. I would not hesitate to go again.  
If Frommer wants to restrict his travel to places that do not allow guns I quess he will be spending a lot of time in Chicago and Washington DC.  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 03:20:09 PM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

turfmn

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:08:19 AM »
What else would you expect to hear from a New York City lawyer.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
Frommer Schrommer.  Frommer's an genius.  I love his travel books, but he's not the only one who writes them. 

Thanks, Frommer for pointing this out for all of us gun enthusiasts!  Maybe we should all write him and thank him for highlighting this for us.  :)

Moosie

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident