State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

On-Base Concealed Carry for DOD Personnel

<< < (2/3) > >>

SturmRugerSR9:
Latest development on this story:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/22/pentagon-end-gun-free-zones-military-bases/

Obleo:
The issue for me is that i am forced to be vulnerable on my daily travels to and from work.  There appears no work-around for that.

MarkB:
Dumb question - Can you ask for permission to keep a firearm locked in your car while on base?  When I was working I was able to get permission to have a locked firearm in my car while at work.  Also, can you ask for permission to carry concealed while on base?  I'm not sure how the military works now.  I was in the Coast Guard fifty years ago.

Cbmarine:

--- Quote from: MarkB on November 24, 2016, 02:10:15 AM ---Dumb question - Can you ask for permission to keep a firearm locked in your car while on base?  When I was working I was able to get permission to have a locked firearm in my car while at work.  Also, can you ask for permission to carry concealed while on base?  I'm not sure how the military works now.  I was in the Coast Guard fifty years ago.

--- End quote ---
You can ask but you should wait until @Obleo tells us that he has been given permission.  He works there and can't get any authorization to transport on-base.  (that answer is implied in his response yesterday.)

Obleo:

--- Quote from: MarkB on November 24, 2016, 02:10:15 AM ---Dumb question - Can you ask for permission to keep a firearm locked in your car while on base?  When I was working I was able to get permission to have a locked firearm in my car while at work.  Also, can you ask for permission to carry concealed while on base?  I'm not sure how the military works now.  I was in the Coast Guard fifty years ago.

--- End quote ---

Not a dumb question.  Several official requests have been forwarded and each has received the same treatment.  CO sends to legal for response.  Legal regurgitates current policy. Discussion over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version