Author Topic: Fingerprinting tip for those in the process  (Read 3972 times)

Vaison

Fingerprinting tip for those in the process
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:26:37 AM »
There is more than one path for obtaining fingerprints for your CCW permit.  Every guide I've read says to call a designated phone number and set up an appointment for a Tues or Thurs (with a few weeks waiting period).  Well, I called that number today and each time I called I got a recording telling me that I was either 6th or 7th in line.  Not wanting to burn up my mobile phone minutes, I hung up. 

The other alternative I thought of is going to the SBI in back of the Blue Hen Shopping Center in Dover and just walk in.  You can do this any weekday, without making an appointment.  Because I have a DE gaming license for my work which requires fingerprinting and background every 3 years, I've gone there instead of waiting for an appointment at Troop 2.  I called the SBI today and asked if I could also do CCW related fingerprints and they confirmed it.  I will be going to SBI in Dover tomorrow to have mine done.  While I don't anticipate any problems - if I run into any snags, I will post it here.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Fingerprinting tip for those in the process
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 12:45:02 PM »
I've been told, it is better to go in the morning, as the police bring in the bad guys in the afternoon and a lot of people don't like to get up and at it very early. Anybody else hear that? When I went it was around 9:30-10:00 am, and i had only 3 people in front of me. got thru quickly.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 02:20:13 PM »
Walk in with NO appointment required.
They open at 8:30am. For quickest service be there at 8-8:15 to get a ticket.
Last day of the month is Sex Offender day.. all day. The place is packed so just don't go.
First day of the month is the busiest day for business and immigration services so don't bother.
You can walk in any day of the week.

We went in on a Monday afternoon about 2pm. Wife and I each did 1 electric printing followed by 3 ink prints. She went in first then I went when she was done. We were done and out the door by 3pm. Add the extra 10 minutes for the additional time I spent flirting with one of the cute girls doing my ink prints : ) .. wife just smirks lol

Vaison

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:59:42 PM »
Okay, no issues...at all.  I walked in at 1055 hours.  There were about a dozen people there so I expected to wait.  I took a number, was called up in two minutes.   I was asked which county I lived in (you don't need to be a Kent county resident to go to the Dover SBI in case you were wondering).  I paid with a CC (they don't take AmEx FYI), completed my paperwork and sat down.  I was called up about 3 minutes later, had my fingerprints taken, and I was out the door by 11:10.  15 minutes total time.  I'm not sure what the other people there were waiting for, but apparently they were there for something else and most of the people I saw when I arrived were still waiting when I left.

402carry

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 03:27:11 PM »
i had zero problems making an appt. or any hold ups when i arrived at troop 2.  they get you in and out as quick as you can fill out the form.  my recommendation that worked out well for me was, if you go on your lunch break, see if they have the 12:30 appt available.  they go on lunch til 12:30 and are prompt on getting back on time.  since i had the first time slot since they got back, grand total time of walking to the counter, and walking out with my prints a receipt, was 8 minutes. 
NRA Member
NCC
DE CCDW Permit
FL CCDW Permit
PA CCDW Permit

LostM

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 08:37:24 PM »
what is the SBI?

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 10:32:26 PM »
State Bureau of Investigation
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun