Author Topic: How does Obamacare help gun owners....opsy!  (Read 3815 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
How does Obamacare help gun owners....opsy!
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:16:34 AM »
I received this today and checked an find it to be so, according to the US Senate record:

This amendment passed in the Democrat US Senate by a vote of 60 yea's to 39 no's with one no vote.
 Our own Carper voted yea.

**************

....Looks like   Obama should have read the "Obamacare" law before he signed it, OR he was so

eager to get "Obamacare" that he didn't care about the "gun owners" clause

that was in it!     So, Obama was either brilliant for not

reading the bill OR knew the clause was necessary to get his "Obamacare"

passed, so that his ego could soar!  

Wednesday, it was discovered that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called

Obamacare, there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.
It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the  throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack   Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According   to that amendment, the government cannot collect "any information

relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

This means that the government CANNOT mandate firearm registration.

No registration, no confiscation. Poor ol' Joe Biden, he spent the last

couple of weeks focusing on making a law requiring registration.

Good   thing is though, the amendment also states that not even an executive order   can override the amendment.

CNN   is now referring to it as "a gift to the nation's powerful gun   lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right.

He says he personally added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so

ubiquitous in 2010.  It looks like Harry Reid actually helped out firearm owners without even realizing it. Thanks Harry!!

GO  to:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/09/Backfire-Obamacare-Forbids-Gun-and-Ammo-Registration    

Check this out!  Hoorah!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:18:11 AM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

fdegree

Re: How does Obamacare help gun owners....opsy!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 01:21:05 AM »
Call me a pessimist, but...

Does anyone really think this will stop them?
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »
I posted about this a few months ago.. Here is the thread. Basically the government cannot use doctors to collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

That being said this could be superseded by any number of large page bills in the future. Nothing to be that excited over unfortunately.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 12:42:24 AM »
I posted about this a few months ago.. Here is the thread. Basically the government cannot use doctors to collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

That being said this could be superseded by any number of large page bills in the future. Nothing to be that excited over unfortunately.

This just an FYI -- actual wording from the amendment

"(2) by inserting after subsection (b), the following:

``(c) Protection of Second Amendment Gun Rights.--

``(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.--A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to--

``(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or

``(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.

``(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.--None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;

``(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or

``(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »
Call me a pessimist, but...

Does anyone really think this will stop them?

Two groups of people have no intention of following the law. Can you guess who they are?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »
Actually more than two........Obama and all his underlings!!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »
The thing I see here is that what is lawful today may not be tomorrow - I.e. 30 rounds magazines, AR15, ...

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 11:15:36 PM »
The thing I see here is that what is lawful today may not be tomorrow - I.e. 30 rounds magazines, AR15, ...

Don't forget freedom and liberty. They soon might be outlawed. It seems to be coming to that as we are having discussions here and on other boards about so called assault weapons bans and magazine limit bans.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 11:24:39 PM »

Don't forget freedom and liberty. They soon might be outlawed. It seems to be coming to that as we are having discussions here and on other boards about so called assault weapons bans and magazine limit bans.

Silverbullet demonstrates the exact thought process that our founding fathers hoped to instill in the citizens.  We should make them proud that we are vigilant and aware of the many ways a government can oppress its subjects.
Proud resident of Kent County DE