Author Topic: CNN Headline re Calif Shooting: Looks like they got one right  (Read 4813 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
"Source: Gunman had mental issues"

Given that this happened in California,  it appears that CNN was forced into actually reporting the event correctly.

Link to article:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/08/us/california-college-gunman/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Most importantly, they do not blame the guns AT ALL in the article.

Great opportunity for our leaders to focus their efforts on improving mental health care.
All the money & time being wasted with new gun laws could have provided care for thousands of mentally ill individuals.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: CNN Headline re Calif Shooting: Looks like they got one right
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 09:08:46 PM »
from the article...

Given that gunman was wearing a ballistic vest and heavily armed, "I would say it's premeditated," said Seabrooks.

Normal attire for me, how about you? 
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »
from the article...

Given that gunman was wearing a ballistic vest and heavily armed, "I would say it's premeditated," said Seabrooks.

If this crap keeps up, it's going to be normal attire for me.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 11:04:47 PM »
from the article...

If this crap keeps up, it's going to be normal attire for me.

Perhaps Coons will hold a rally for goverment-provided vests for all prospective victims (that would be everyone).
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 03:37:23 AM »
I know of 4 people who have purchased these bulletproof backpacks for themselves and kids. The plates are also available for insertion into a currently owned pack. I see these type of items becoming more and more common especially among students.

eclipse

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 12:15:37 PM »
isn't body armor illeagle in Delaware?  backpacks might not fit the definition of body armor but it seems the type of situation where the wrong LEO might arrest and let the courts sort it out.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 12:18:01 PM »
isn't body armor illeagle in Delaware?  backpacks might not fit the definition of body armor but it seems the type of situation where the wrong LEO might arrest and let the courts sort it out.

I believe they are perfectly legal.  Unless you commit a crime while wearing one.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:39 PM »
NewLife is correct. I can't find anything in DE criminal code except "while committing a felony".

http://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c005/sc07/index.shtml#1449

DEL CODE § 1449 : Delaware Code - Section 1449: WEARING BODY ARMOR DURING COMMISSION OF FELONY; CLASS B FELONY

(a) A person who wears body armor during the commission of a felony is guilty of wearing body armor during the commission of a felony.

(b) Notwithstanding § 4205 of this title, the minimum sentence for violation of this section shall be not less than 3 years which minimum sentence shall not be subject to suspension and no person convicted for a violation of this section shall be eligible for parole or probation during such 3 years.

(c) Any sentence imposed upon conviction for wearing body armor during the commission of a felony shall not run concurrently with any other sentence. In any instance where a person is convicted of a felony, together with the conviction for wearing body armor during the commission of a felony, such person shall serve the sentence for the felony itself before beginning the sentence imposed for wearing body armor during the commission of such felony.

(d) Every person charged under this section over the age of 16 years shall be tried as an adult, notwithstanding any contrary provision of statutes governing the Family Court or any other state law.

(e) As used in this section, the term "body armor" means any material designed to provide bullet penetration resistance.

(f) A person may be found guilty of violating this section notwithstanding that the felony for which the person is convicted and during which the person wore body armor is a lesser included felony of the one originally charged.

(g) Wearing body armor during the commission of a felony is a class B felony.

63 Del. Laws, c. 368, § 1; 67 Del. Laws, c. 130, § 8; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1.;
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 08:34:16 PM »
Sits back and watches all the "got my body armor" before they notice its still legal posts from fellow DEers now  ;)