Author Topic: 5 month wait in Maine!  (Read 3893 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
5 month wait in Maine!
« on: August 13, 2013, 11:12:28 PM »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: 5 month wait in Maine!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:54:29 PM »
They must get an answer if approved within 30 days???  I wish!!!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 12:20:58 AM »
Very interesting, 7500 application and 50 to 75 application a day in Maine.
Ahh... I see a trend across the US. (NJ, NY, MD excluded)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 12:25:13 AM »
We have one thing going for us. CCDW permits have turned into a reliable revenue stream. Maybe they won't want to lose that.
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »
I just drove up 95 then Route 9 through Maine this past Sunday. On Route 9 I saw 18 roadside signs at resident homes saying CCW Permit Training Available Here. Stopped by one store and while chatting to the owner he said they can't hold enough courses because of the demand.

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:06 PM »
They must get an answer if approved within 30 days???  I wish!!!

No way in hell that would ever happen in Delaware. I do wish though. I think 2 months is even a very reasonable wait, but the 5 months its taking. That is pathetic, especially as expensive as they are for the average person to get.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »
We have one thing going for us. CCDW permits have turned into a reliable revenue stream. Maybe they won't want to lose that.

True, but the shady ( censored) will probably try to make it more expensive. This is one time I wish the feds would step in and say that the costs are being used as a way to circumvent our 2a rigths. There is not reason our permits should be more than like $20-$30
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 03:02:57 AM »
15+ years ago I lived in Maine and I meet the chief of police of the town I resided at a charity event.  I asked him about a CCW and he said come see him the following day.  I did.  Walked out within 5-minutes with my permit in my hand and owing him a beer.  I don't even remember them doing a background check.  I believe this was before the Bradley Bill.  Things change! 

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:58:24 PM »
15+ years ago I lived in Maine and I meet the chief of police of the town I resided at a charity event.  I asked him about a CCW and he said come see him the following day.  I did.  Walked out within 5-minutes with my permit in my hand and owing him a beer.  I don't even remember them doing a background check.  I believe this was before the Bradley Bill.  Things change! 

Good to know some northern states appreciate the constitution. With their voting patterns though and many of the pathetic gun laws it really seems the usa is starting to be really balkanized.