Author Topic: How to go out of business..  (Read 4150 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
How to go out of business..
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:05:25 AM »
Hows this to generate business...
http://bearingarms.com/clemson-pub-bashes-concealed-carry-permit-holders-with-predictable-results/
Regardless of someones personal 'view' on firearms and conceal carry, I see very few people applauding a company for such a sign. IMO by posting a sign like this you're not only driving away anyone who CCs and most any gun owner but also most of those who don't care either way. Very poor business outlook for this company I'd say. I feel bad for the employees who will be looking for new work soon.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: How to go out of business..
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:49:27 PM »
I have seen this on other sites. This guy's web site is getting hammered by pro rights people.  If he does not like firearms then post a legitimate sign saying no weapons allowed.  We may not like it but most would respect his wishes and take our business elsewhere.  It is not good business to personally attack and insult such a large consumer base.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 01:46:42 PM »
One of the comments below the article points out that the last word in the sign is grammatically not an insult but can be read as the shop owner's signature. IMO, the shop owner laid the an appropriate epithet on himself.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

czspecial

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:44:28 PM »
Seems the owner is the loser.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 11:34:53 PM »
Hate to say it, but I've never heard of a business going out of business just because of a no guns sign. Some people will foolishly go there thinking it is safe or because they are anti-gun themselves. About all you can do is to not use the business yourself. There are far more people that do not carry, than do carry.
Not doing business there may make you feel good, but rarely kills a business, sorry to say.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

kathy1

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 09:58:13 PM »
not very professional of this business owner.  kinda speaks volumes about his/her lack of business ethics/??  would respect a sign that says no weapons allowed, BUT, don't need to be insulted by the remaining verbiage.  just my opinion

Bullpup

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 12:27:55 AM »
This business owner would NEVER get away with posting a sign refusing service based on race, sexual orientation, religion, etc.  Yet it seems to be OK to refuse service to an entire class of persons who are engaging in a legal activity protected by a Constitutional amendment.  When I see signs like this I see discrimination.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »
not very professional of this business owner.  kinda speaks volumes about his/her lack of business ethics/??  would respect a sign that says no weapons allowed, BUT, don't need to be insulted by the remaining verbiage.  just my opinion
I agree. A demonstration of the personal attack language that we should not ever use even though the anti-2A crowd and others on the left do regularly. If this sign is real, the vitriol behind the words is likely not limited to the CCs but is probably spewed daily at the employees, subcontractors and suppliers of the establishment.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Schmenge

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
I hope someone with bad intentions doesn't think this establishment would be safe to rob.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member