Author Topic: Filed today!  (Read 3460 times)

horaceunit

Filed today!
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:30:46 PM »
I took my CCW class with Marino Tactical (with Kirk) this past Saturday and decided to file today instead of waiting for the certification to come. That way I can just take the cert in once I get it. The lady at the Prothonotaries office said current wait in Sussex County is 4 to 8 weeks. Not unexpected, but I thought I'd post it for everybody. Thanks for all the help I have gotten on the forum! This place is a great resource!

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Filed today!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 02:05:12 PM »
Don't for get you ad in the Guide or newspaper has to be in 10 days prior to application and you will need to file a copy of the ad with your application.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

horaceunit

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 02:51:19 PM »
I did the ad about 4 weeks ago and included the form I got from the guide in the package. I wasn't aware that you had to actually include a copy of the ad itself? I thought it was just the proof that you ran the ad that you had to include?

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »
the copy of the ad should have been on the confirmation that the newspaper sent you.  I filed with the newcastle weekly and the one they sent me had a copy of the ad attached to it. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

horaceunit

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 08:00:04 PM »
Well I'll have to pull the set of copies I have and see. I just remember getting the confirmation letter and making copies and sticking it in with everything else. 

horaceunit

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 08:06:36 PM »
I've been meaning to update this thread with something interesting. I have actually had my course certificate for almost 3 weeks now, but early last week was my first opportunity to head to the Sussex County prothonotary's office to have it added to my package. The person who took it said something very interesting to me. The comment was along the lines of "...that's the way we like to see it." My take was that is might be preferable to take the class and turn all the paperwork in at the same time even though you can wait to take the CCW class until after you are approved. Not sure if it was just a clerical comment (in other words the office people feel it is just easier that way) or if it reflects the idea that it makes the application seem complete and that it reflects that the filer is more serious if they are willing to pay for the class up front? Not saying that it is true one way or the other, just that is is an interesting comment. Just thought I'd share!

8thFA

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 01:05:03 AM »
Back in December before I filed, a local gun dealer here in NCC encouraged me to take the class before I filed.  He knew of instances where guys sent in their apps without the class, got approved, but then the prothonary office never notified them that they were approved and now needed the class.

Needless to say, I took mine before I filed :)
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC