Author Topic: Duplex printing (both sides), hand or type info & the Standard reason questions  (Read 3982 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
OK I'm half disgusted that I even have to ask 1 & 2 however.. I'm in Middletown, NCC btw.

1. Should I single side print all the paperwork or can I duplex print (both sides) everything? I know some government offices want everything single sided.
2. Can I use Adobe to type in the fields then print and sign or should I use a pen to fill everything after printing the forums?
3. NCC is still accepting the 'standard' I've heard but wanted to ask here also. Is "To protect myself, my family and my property" ok to use.
3b. For the Reference Questionnaire #4 can I have them use, "For personal, family and property protection".

It seems to me that being any more specific technically limits when you should carry in most cases and of course we don't want limits on the permit. I'm mostly retired and basically my current job is being a father. I do a lot of hiking and camping through out the east coast including Canada (shotgun carry here) and my 2 year old son has started coming along also. He's already done a number of 8 mile/day trips with me. While most 4-legged animals will run away I've had a few close calls and especially with him now I want to carry for the added protection. We also drive quite often in a high value and classic car which can at times draw good and bad attention. While we go shopping during the day I also do a lot of shopping late at night. I also tend to go for walks and run after dark. In my opinion these are all limiting reasons and could cause denial.

I was told by a local shop that you should not add extra pages and to keep it short as in only 1 or 2 lines. that contradicts being very specific. Sheesh!

Just moved here a year ago from NJ and wanted to get to know the locals a bit before asking. I have a number of community members who have said they would fill out the questionnaire for me so I'm set there. I'll be taking a course as soon as I can get in next.. was planning this weekend however remembered family would be visiting and we haven't seen them in 14 years. I want to take the course and submit all the paperwork at once.

I'm ready and want to get on this now!  ;D

Thanks!

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
On question 2:
I preprinted everything but date & signature on the application, and even preprinted our info on the reference questionnaires, and our applications went through fine.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
3b - whatever reason you choose to list for question 3, should be repeated by your references. They should be aware  of your reasoning for applying. Maybe not word for word, but in general.
New Castle County

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
If you read the question, it says be specific. Some judges have bounced back the application as not being specific enough. I was very specific on me and have no restrictions. With no doubt, some on this forum will disagree.

Bogey

I wrote a 1/2 page letter mostly about being on call and leaving my house all hours of the day and night.And no restrictions on mine.
The things you see when you don't have a gun.....

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
When I got my DCCW, I stated on a seperate additional page, that I lived on a rural country road, away from any law enforcement facility and quoted Delawares high crime rate at the time, 5th per capita in US, and the recent amount of forced entry break-ins in area. Got my DCCW in 8 weeks in Kent County.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Just Bill

• Life Member
What more reason could you need beside protection of self, family, property???  No need for more.  If you include limitations, so may the judge.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith