Author Topic: DE CCW Reference Questionnaire Information  (Read 4102 times)

aghmisc

DE CCW Reference Questionnaire Information
« on: March 03, 2013, 09:26:56 PM »
I am new to the state and I have some questions that maybe someone could give some insight into. Help would be greatly appreciated.

My background:
I have relocated from PA and currently have a CCW within the PA state; However, I am looking to acquire a DE CCW license and need some insight to the problem that I have run into with the application process. Since I am new to the area and do not have any DE references, I was wondering if there are any suggestions on how I could obtain 5  references to meet the requirements of the application process? My dilemma is that I am a new resident who does not have any contacts in the New Castle County DE. The neighboorhood that I live in is a nice area but the people that I have met so far are very predjudicial when it comes to gun rights. I can't say that I would blame them. I myself would not be so quick to endorse a CCW questionnaire, especially in todays political climate and especially for a newcomer :-[. Has anyone out there experienced my set of circumstances and if so, how did you go about meeting this requirement?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: DE CCW Reference Questionnaire Information
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:34:58 AM »
One way would be to get to know some people on this forum. Post where and when you are shooting, and that you hope to meet some people.
New Castle County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:32:06 PM »
I was told in CCDW class that listed references are subject to background checks as well as the applicant.  For this reason it may be particularly important to ask the right people when gathering references.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Kilroy08

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 12:00:12 AM »
For what it's worth, I was told in my class that they want to see people who have known you for a while. As in 5 or more years. I'm not sure if that is true or conjecture.

I would say call the Prothonotary's office. PA accepted my DE permit in lieu of their prerequisites for a PA permit. Maybe the reverse could be true as well. If you're lucky, pay for the application, prints, and submit a photo. Worst case, you have to do the full deal.