Author Topic: R.I. Non-Resident Permit  (Read 3715 times)

demark04

• Delaware APA
R.I. Non-Resident Permit
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »
Does anyone here have a R.I. Non resident Permit?  I see they list it as a "Shall Issue" State but in reading R.I. Code, It seems the Attorney General can deny if there is no NEED for a CC Permit?  You must write a NEED on your application.  Only reason I am looking into the R.I. Permit, it seems R.I. is the only non-resident "shall Issue" State that NV recognizes.  Sorry, besides SC, but you need to own property in SC for a Non-Resident CC.  I would like to be able to Carry in NV when I am there for Business.
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: R.I. Non-Resident Permit
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:00 PM »
I don't know about Rhode Island.  The reason I picked up the Arizona permit was for Nevada when I travel there.  Then Nevada ended their agreement.  Let me know what you find out, if it covers Nevada I would be interested in it.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 02:59:43 AM »
What's the advantage of RI over a NV nonresident permit?  If you are in NV frequently, how about taking a Front Sight course and tell us about your experience.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:14:38 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 03:44:12 AM »
RI requires at least 1 trip up there.  Some say it's easier as a NR as you are going thru the AG...some say just the opposite. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm there frequently.  I go to Las Vegas about 2-3 times a year for business.  That's the thing, you need to take a NV course there.  I may just have to extend one of my trips by a day or two and look into it.
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 02:55:09 PM »
I always thought that defense of person, family, and property, are very good reasons.

That is generally the only one that works in De.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 03:24:01 PM »
What's the advantage of RI over a NV nonresident permit?  If you are in NV frequently, how about taking a Front Sight course and tell us about your experience.
I travel there once a year maybe every two years for vacation.  Going through that much trouble or cost wouldn't be worth it I imagine.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »
I travel there once a year maybe every two years for vacation.  Going through that much trouble or cost wouldn't be worth it I imagine.

I had an instructor from FS in our classes before.  Chris Kauffman.  Great guy.

I'm headed to RI soon.  Will have to make the call to the AG's office this week and see.  I'd love to be able to carry while there.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.