Author Topic: CCW Safe and U.S.C.C.A  (Read 5789 times)

8thFA

CCW Safe and U.S.C.C.A
« on: March 11, 2016, 12:43:56 AM »
Hello all,

Does anyone subscribe to one of these services that support concealed carriers in the event of a shooting?  Is this a cheaper and/or better alternative to having a lawyer?  Honestly, I hadn't thought much about this aspect of carrying until after I got my permit.

Thanks.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: CCW Safe and U.S.C.C.A
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 01:34:13 AM »
Whether you sign up for a service or make arrangements with a local attorney, you should always know who you're going to call if your gun is drawn and/or used in self-defense.

Personally, I fix computers for Joe Hurley. I'd choose him over any other lawyer any day of the week.
You could stop by his office (1215 King St.) and tell the secretary that their office computer guy advised you to keep his business card in your wallet behind your carry permit. They check their voice mail nights & weekends.

You should also discuss with an attorney,  or at least read up on, what to say to the police in such a situation before your attorney arrives (pretty much nothing, but there are a few important exceptions).
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 01:46:25 AM »
I signed with CCW Safe along a few of my past associates. This firm was founded by former law enforcement and IMHO will work for me. When it comes to the aftermath of a shooting anything can and will happen. For the time being I will be with CCW Safe only if something better comes my way. There is one high profile attorney in Bergen Co. NJ that I would use if necessary. This man has handled several high profile police shootings and not one of his clients got screwed.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Tonym

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 03:20:30 AM »
The only thing that makes me hesitant about ccw safe is that none of their members have ever actually shot someone and had to use their services, at least since the last time i did research on them. They make a lot of great promises on their website and im sure they're not dishonest people at all, but i havent been able to find any record of them actually having to do anything. But hey, for about a hundred bucks a year, even if they just cover your bail, and cover it quickly, that would pay for its self. But im sure getting the company to free up $50 grand or more for the first time ever within the first few hours might not happen as fast as you hope. And since theyre not regulated as an actual insurance company who knows what type of legal standards theyre held to

Bulldog021

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 12:57:27 PM »
Check out USCCA from everything I saw and researched they seem to have their ducks in a row. There is also a Delaware attorney on the list.
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

8thFA

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 12:56:28 AM »
Check out USCCA from everything I saw and researched they seem to have their ducks in a row. There is also a Delaware attorney on the list.
A Delaware attorney, good to know, thanks.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

ChrisCar

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 02:49:16 AM »
Also look into the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network.  I shopped around and decided on them for my needs.
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

8thFA

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 04:16:35 PM »
Also look into the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network.  I shopped around and decided on them for my needs.

Thanks, I'll check them out.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

jaep1911

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 01:39:55 AM »

I joined them tonight. The cost is pretty much the same among many but after some discussions with my friends, I have determined that this organization is my cuppa tea.

It surprises me that people are buying guns and getting a permit left and right but not many people consider a continuous education and legal (and financial) support by using a service like this.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 03:59:13 AM »
 Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network seems pretty legit they offer the ANY self defense incident just like ccw safe does. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

jaep1911

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 12:48:40 AM »
Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network seems pretty legit they offer the ANY self defense incident just like ccw safe does. 

Agreed. They do not have any affiliated attorneys listed in DE, though. I guess that I can use someone in PA (Philly) or NJ.

ChrisCar

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 03:08:23 AM »
They don't  limit  who you can use.   They contribute towards the retainer of the attorney you choose.  After reviewing your case, they might agree to give more, if they deem it worthy.   I had a nice conversation with Gila Hayes right after I joined  about how they operate. 

After joining you'll also get a copy of Ayoob's self defense book and something like 8 hours of videos on self defense law, conflict avoidance, etc.   Also, don't forget to check out the monthly newsletter.  Some good stuff there too.
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member