Author Topic: Concealed Carry in Philadelphia  (Read 6972 times)

Beretta92

Concealed Carry in Philadelphia
« on: July 15, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »
Is a Pennsylvania Non Resident permit (I have a Delaware permit) valid in the city of Philadelphia? Or does Philadelphia have special regs? Thank you.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Concealed Carry in Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:48:51 PM »
It is valid in Philly.
New Castle County

mrjam2jab

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 03:45:21 AM »
PA license is good throughout the State.
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

finest872

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 02:36:27 AM »
Is it hard to get a PA permit ???
DE,PA CCW Permits

Kent County

Fishhunter911

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 12:51:43 PM »

Not hard at all. I received my DE permit on a Monday. The following Friday I drove to the Lancaster County Sheriffs office. Spent $20 and 20 minutes in his office and walked out with my PA Non-Resident permit. The reason I drove to Lancaster is because they issue them right away. Most other counties are still making you wait.

A side note, this letter is sitting on the counter in his office.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 12:55:53 PM »

Not hard at all. I received my DE permit on a Monday. The following Friday I drove to the Lancaster County Sheriffs office. Spent $20 and 20 minutes in his office and walked out with my PA Non-Resident permit. The reason I drove to Lancaster is because they issue them right away. Most other counties are still making you wait.

A side note, this letter is sitting on the counter in his office.

A stark difference from a Delaware Sheriff....
New Castle County

Fishhunter911

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 03:15:51 PM »
Almost makes we want to move to Lancaster County.....then I remember the taxes in PA and come back down to earth...

Beretta92

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »
I called the Sheriff's office in Media, Pa. where my Pa. non resident permit was issued and asked about concealed carry in Philly. I was told that it was probably legal, but to check with the Pa. State Police fire arms division to verify. I did call the Pa. state police and was told that concealed carry in Philly was good with my non resident permit.

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 05:14:53 AM »
I was just sitting in the parking lot of Lincoln Financial Field last weekend.  When I was getting out of my bus my shirt pulled up over my piece and the Philadelphia cop standing next my bus said/asked I hope you have a valid permit for that.  I said yes and he came over and asked to see it.  I showed him just my non-resident PA and he handed me back after a few seconds and said thanks.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »
I was just sitting in the parking lot of Lincoln Financial Field last weekend.  When I was getting out of my bus my shirt pulled up over my piece and the Philadelphia cop standing next my bus said/asked I hope you have a valid permit for that.  I said yes and he came over and asked to see it.  I showed him just my non-resident PA and he handed me back after a few seconds and said thanks.

Encounter like this happen, so it is good to hear you were not hassled by the local leo.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County