Author Topic: CCW while skiing?  (Read 3166 times)

Beretta92

CCW while skiing?
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:29:15 PM »
For many years I have been skiing at Blue Mountain in Palmerton, Pa. which is about 15 miles north of Allentown. The last two years and now this year there have been armed security guards noticeably patrolling the main lodge at the top and the base loge at the bottom. I asked why the armed security and was told by a person who skis there frequently that they have been robbed a few times.

I carry in my car on the drive up and back and keep my hand gun locked in the car while I ski. I have a DE. resident permit and a PA. non resident. Not sure that I want to start carrying on the slopes. I could easily carry my Ruger LCP zipped inside of one of my jacket pockets.

Any one carry while skiing?

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: CCW while skiing?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:13:06 AM »
I used to ski on a team in Ontario, Canada. I'd say it depend on your skill level but also what type of skiing you do. If you're a daredevil speed demon and big air then no. If you're a decent skier who simply likes to head out and ski with a thrill here and there then sure. I'd suggest a holster that secures the firearm even if it were to be torn from a coat pocket. Accidents happen and can be entirely beyond your control while skiing. Last thing you want is to have someone collide with you, have a poll tear through your coat/clothing and have it catch the trigger or have to chase a loose firearm down the hill.

Beretta92

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 08:03:53 PM »
I am an experienced skier, and there are too many things that can happen on the slopes. I rarely fall but I would hurt to land on a gun that is in a jacket pocket. Unless something really changes with people at ski areas I will keep in the car.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »
I agree. Can't see myself carrying while out on the slopes.