Author Topic: PA wait times  (Read 15018 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: PA wait times
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 02:20:07 AM »
Does anyone know if the application for Lancaster requires a photograph?  If so, is it the usual passport type?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 09:50:59 AM »
Though neither the website nor the application documents mention anything about out of state applicants, the need for a copy of your resident state's permit, etc...

I think this is it:
An applicant for a License to Carry Permit must be at least 21 years of age and reside in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania or currently posses a valid permit in another state.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »
I think it's like our DE drivers license (printed on the card).  NOT, like our DE CCDW (where the KIDS from grade school laminate them)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 11:10:03 PM »
Does anyone know if the application for Lancaster requires a photograph?  If so, is it the usual passport type?

The new computer system is designed with a camera in it.  They should take your picture at the sheriff's office. 

I just noticed that on the Lancaster Sheriff's page it says:

PA License to Carry Application

License to Carry Instructions
(Must Fill Out Both)

The application is the first PDF only.  The 2nd page is not part of the application process and can not be required. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Kilroy08

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 01:34:00 AM »
Filed on the 6th and got a letter Saturday saying come in and pick your permit up.

So about 3 weeks for Delaware County.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 01:52:20 AM »
I think it's like our DE drivers license (printed on the card).  NOT, like our DE CCDW (where the KIDS from grade school laminate them)
My first PA, out of York, was like that.  The next one, out of Centre, was the same quality -- but without the photo.  But the Centre ones have slipped. 

Considering the importance of these documents, you'd think that they'd put an extra nickel into their construction. 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

tz9x21

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 05:37:47 PM »
I posted this on another thread a while back, (last year) but since the question is recent, I'll give you some info.
The courthouse is located on N. Duke St. Sherrifs office is just down the hall from the entrance. There are several parking lots in the area close by.
When I went to get mine, there was another gentleman in front of me, also from DE.
I handed the completed app to the nice lady at the desk. She took my $20 (I think it may be $25 now). She handed me a receipt and told me to have a seat. Before my butt hit the chair, she was on the phone with PA State police doing the background check. about 2 minutes later, she hung up the phone, stamped my app, passed it down to the guy taking pictures and printing permits.
Had to wait till he finished with the gentleman in front of me, took my picture, punched in the info, print, laminate, done.
Total time, 19 minutes from start to finish.
I love my home state...........
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."

mrjam2jab

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 01:47:45 AM »
I posted this on another thread a while back, (last year) but since the question is recent, I'll give you some info.
The courthouse is located on N. Duke St. Sherrifs office is just down the hall from the entrance. There are several parking lots in the area close by.
When I went to get mine, there was another gentleman in front of me, also from DE.
I handed the completed app to the nice lady at the desk. She took my $20 (I think it may be $25 now). She handed me a receipt and told me to have a seat. Before my butt hit the chair, she was on the phone with PA State police doing the background check. about 2 minutes later, she hung up the phone, stamped my app, passed it down to the guy taking pictures and printing permits.
Had to wait till he finished with the gentleman in front of me, took my picture, punched in the info, print, laminate, done.
Total time, 19 minutes from start to finish.
I love my home state...........

Still just $20.   ;D

Bogey

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
It took 3wks for me in PA.
The things you see when you don't have a gun.....

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 04:20:20 AM »
I went to Lancaster County today.  In and out in 15-mins with permit in hand.  $20.  They take your picture.  Easy and nice experience. 

LightninSVT

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 02:25:59 AM »
Does anyone know if they are open on the weekends?

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
Probably not. It is a government office.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

mrjam2jab

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:07 AM »
Does anyone know if they are open on the weekends?

Some sheriffs do have Saturday hours...have one in mind?

LightninSVT

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2012, 02:55:48 AM »
I picked mine up at the Lancaster Sheriff's office today, took about 30 mins and that was with 3 people in front of me.  Just like everyone else said, fill out both pages of the application online, pay $20 and after one phone call and picture later you have your permit.  They print and laminate it right there in front of you.  It's even a little nicer quality than the DE permit and it's a normal size that fits in your wallet.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »
... It's even a little nicer quality than the DE permit ...

Like that's hard to do?!?
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.