Author Topic: DE CCDW Class - Range Qualification Test  (Read 4269 times)

prob

DE CCDW Class - Range Qualification Test
« on: June 23, 2014, 06:28:10 PM »
Does anyone recall what the range qualification test consists of for the DE CCDW Class? For example, x number of rounds at 3 yard, 7 yards, 10 yards and what proficiency percentage? Is there a standard requirement for Delaware or is is intructor/class specific?
Thanks!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: DE CCDW Class - Range Qualification Test
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
Probably included in instructor certification.  11 Del C. 1441a3 just says
f. Live fire shooting exercises conducted on a range, including the expenditure of a minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition;

http://www.delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c005/sc07/index.shtml#1441
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

robberbaron

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:08:11 PM »
My range time was a combination of strong hand, weak hand and 2 hand shooting all at approx. 7 yards. 100 rounds were used, but there wasn't a lot of variation. The impression I got was that it was important to get used to the gun and know the basic operation, including loading, safe gun handling and clearing jams (if any happen).

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »
Sad to say, there is NO qualification test.  As stated above, fire a minimum of 100 rounds.  Does NOT say you have to hit the target!

When we have our classes if you cannot hit the paper, I'm not issuing a certificate.  Would work with the student until proficiency improved.
We have our students fire at various distances.  While backing away.  Using barricades.  What ever we come up with to make it fun.

Do you have a class lined up yet?  Our next one is Sunday 20 July.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

prob

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »
Thanks for the information. I do have a class lined up on 7/12. Thanks for the offer though.