Author Topic: PA and UT - Kane strikes again  (Read 2853 times)

mrjam2jab

PA and UT - Kane strikes again
« on: June 28, 2014, 03:39:22 PM »
I thought our illustrious PA AG was already the topic of a conversation on these forum since she was changing so many recip agreements to be "Resident Only"...but I can't seem to find a prior thread.

She did it again.  PA and UT now have a written agreement.  We didn't have one before...it was a mutual unwritten reciprocity.  Guess what?  That written agreement has "UT resident only" verbage just like the last couple she changed.

Effective June 26, 2014.

The Agreement here
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: PA and UT - Kane strikes again
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 07:47:10 PM »
I reckon AG Kane wants the opportunity, in addition to the $20 fee, to meet PA non-res permit holders up close and personal.  From my vantage point, I'd rather show a PA non-res to a PA LEO than a non-res permit from another state, esp., a Philly cop.  Maybe I'm overly cautious.  Please comment, @mrjam2jab
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:23:05 PM »
I reckon AG Kane wants the opportunity, in addition to the $20 fee, to meet PA non-res permit holders up close and personal.  From my vantage point, I'd rather show a PA non-res to a PA LEO than a non-res permit from another state, esp., a Philly cop.  Maybe I'm overly cautious.  Please comment, @mrjam2jab
The ones this will hurt are New Jersey and Maryland residents who have been using Utah to carry in PA
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:58:45 PM »
And you know that just slipped her mind...  ::)

mrjam2jab

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 04:36:09 AM »

The issue there is that there seems to be a trend of Sheriffs not following the law and refusing to issue Non-res PA permits.

The ones this will hurt are New Jersey and Maryland residents who have been using Utah to carry in PA

Exactly...MD, NJ and NY. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.