Author Topic: PA Non-res  (Read 15827 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
PA Non-res
« on: April 21, 2014, 01:47:45 AM »
I haven't been able to make it to Lancaster for my renewal (which is actually a "new" permit, as the last was from Centre), but I will probably be spending a good portion of next Friday up near Malvern.  I thought that I may be able to just scoot in somewhere around there and get this done.  Anyone have any information on what really happens with the Chester County process? 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: PA Non-res
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 02:20:52 AM »
Chester county does not issue non-resident permits.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 03:23:53 AM »
Thanks.  I knew that in the past, they were very anti on the subject.  I haven't had time to look online as this event just came up for next week.

Looks like I'll just stop by Lancaster.  It's still closer than when I drove to York for it, though.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

mrjam2jab

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:00:36 AM »
Chester county does not issue non-resident permits.

and yet she claims to be Pro 2A.   Statement     >:(
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
Actually, Sheriff Bunny IS very PRO2A.

She was at a UT class we offered in PA.  I was told who she was, ok...
When she stepped up to me to be finger printed, I said, "I know who
they said you are, but I dont know you.  May I see your ID please?".
She provided it w/o issue.  Then I rolled the prints.

I knew my PA LTCF was expiring soon so we started talking about
non-res LTCF(s).  The opinion I formed, she would like to do them BUT
the Solicitor (I think she said) did not think they could issue them.
Will have to call her and see if they worked things out.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:03:56 PM »
She not only refuses to issue non-residents but makes her own citizens wait about 2 weeks.  The "soliciter" has nothing to do with the PA LTCF. It is the sheriff who issues.

Most counties issue right over the counter.  The exceptions being the Philadelphia area and a few others. 

She needs to read the law as it clearly sets out the procedure for non resident issue.

Tell her to talk to her colleagues in Lancaster Berks or Bucks. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 03:50:10 AM »
She not only refuses to issue non-residents but makes her own citizens wait about 2 weeks.  The "soliciter" has nothing to do with the PA LTCF. It is the sheriff who issues.

Most counties issue right over the counter.  The exceptions being the Philadelphia area and a few others. 

She needs to read the law as it clearly sets out the procedure for non resident issue.

Tell her to talk to her colleagues in Lancaster Berks or Bucks. 

Exactly.  Legally, she can not refuse to accept applications from non-residents. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 01:48:28 PM »
Avoid all the hassle, just go to Lancaster's Sheriff's office and they will be happy to see you and take care of you right away. no hassle.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

ThePixelated

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
Avoid all the hassle, just go to Lancaster's Sheriff's office and they will be happy to see you and take care of you right away. no hassle.

Definitely!

It's a nice drive up there and it only took me 30 minutes once I got to the Lancaster County Courthouse. There were a few people ahead of me so I had to wait. It was all quick and easy and I was able to meet up with my wife afterward for lunch back in Delaware. And the people there are very friendly.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 10:41:47 PM »
When I was there, the people in the Sheriff's office almost acted like they thought Delaware's hassle to get a permit  was a joke.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 04:27:09 AM »
I stopped in Lancaster a couple of weeks ago.  I went in at the very end of the day, which they thought was going to be a problem, and got approved when I left the office to go to the bathroom.  I took two copies of everything with me, so that probably helped them plug in my info a bit quicker.  My only real delay was the fact that I set off every metal detector that I walk near, which made entering the building -- difficult.

merlin51

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 11:21:52 PM »
 What do you need to take with you to get the PA Non-res? Still waiting on DE. Taking Utah class next week. Yes I know I need to get my DE first before I go to Lancaster.
                                                                                    Thanks Dave.

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 03:39:41 AM »
I would fill out the PA Application in advance, make 2 copies (1 for yourself and 1 to take with you besides the original). Drivers license and DE CCDW. From what I can remember, that should be about it. 
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

ThePixelated

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 05:00:25 AM »
What do you need to take with you to get the PA Non-res? Still waiting on DE. Taking Utah class next week. Yes I know I need to get my DE first before I go to Lancaster.
                                                                                    Thanks Dave.

Just a valid CCW permit from Delaware and PA's form as far as I can remember...

Gorski

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
Was just there a couple of weeks ago, fill out the form, have your De permit and a $20 bill, in and out in about 20 -30 mins.  Lancaster Sheriff's office  was great
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County