State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Here We Go Again

<< < (3/5) > >>

seniorgeek:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on February 14, 2015, 04:30:42 PM ---This explains it better than I can:

http://bearingarms.com/cornyn-introduces-constitutional-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-senate/

--- End quote ---

Very good article. I support this.

del elec:
Do you ever think that the politicians will come to their senses and realize that crime/gun problems are not caused by the CCW permit holders?

oldgraygeek:

--- Quote from: del elec on February 15, 2015, 01:24:38 PM ---Do you ever think that the politicians will come to their senses and realize that crime/gun problems are not caused by the CCW permit holders?

--- End quote ---

No.

groundgrid:
They will once we vote in large enough numbers to influence an election.
The issues don't matter to them as much as keeping their jobs.

SturmRugerSR9:
I emailed Senator Chris Coons, requesting support for the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act now in the Senate Judiciary Committee of which he is a member. This is the response I received from him. Or should I say this is the blanket non-response form letter I received from this Obama puppet and anti-gun Delawarean .
It reads:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on gun control with me.  I have been deeply saddened by the recent and continued instances of gun violence throughout Delaware and our country.

I agree that the right to bear firearms, protected by the Second Amendment, is a fundamental freedom.  In the wake of countless unimaginable tragedies, however, we are reminded that no freedom is absolute.   I am carefully considering a range of options to address gun violence that include strengthening mental health care, enforcing existing laws, improving gun safety, and exploring ways to improve our system of background checks to ensure that violent criminals and those with mental illness cannot harm their fellow Americans.  With all legislation that comes before the Senate, I will be certain to closely weigh the public safety interests of society with the civil liberties and freedoms afforded to all citizens.

Again, thank you for contacting me.  I am honored to represent Delaware in the United States Senate and truly value hearing from Delawareans on issues of concern.  My website, www.coons.senate.gov, can provide additional details about my work in the Senate, including legislation and state projects.  I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues that matter to you.

Sincerely,
Christopher A. Coons
United States Senator

It  sounded good in the 1st sentence and then went downhill from there. This will be remembered if he runs for any office again. Hope you will remember also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version