Author Topic: Just got this response from John Carney regarding my email to him about H.R 822  (Read 9438 times)

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
I'm a realist at heart too, and I get the same darn disresectful canned answers from all the GREAT ONES too, but if we all keep up the contacts with them, maybe they'll remember it in the back of their little minds IF a deal hits their desk that includes this passing ("I did get several calls/e-mails saying this was good..."). OK- hope springs eternal and all- cause MAN DO I WANT THIS BILL TO BE LAW!!!!! What a great ease of mind and of my life that would be!! I'll keep writing and calling- hope ya'll do too. Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

rusirius

If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath on HR 822 getting thru. If it makes it through the Democrat controlled Senate, Obama will VETO the bill. There will be no help from Delaware Congressmen as they are all Democrats and Carney and Coons vored against it. Carper is not going to be any better. If it is vetoed by Obama I don't feel it will be overridden if it were togo back for a revote. You can count on anything that has to do with firearms will get a thumbs down in this Obama Administration, and if he is re-elected he will start dissasembling the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts collecting all of our guns.
If it get's through the Senate (where it does seem to have quite a bit of support), don't be so quick to be sure it'll be veto'd by Obama... Bills are rarely ever sent to be signed by a Pres by themselves... They are almost ALWAYS bundled together in large bundles that include a bunch of stuff the president WANTS and doesn't want...  In other words, you wrap up HR822 with something like the Jobs bill that Obama wants VERY badly and it's a bit like an ultimatum... You sign this in and you get your jobs bill and we get our other stuff we want that you'd never approve on your own, or else you don't sign it and you can forget about the other stuff that you want... 

It's kinda crazy, but it's just one more example of how politics work... Even though the word "work" may be up for debate... ;)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Lets all hope Rusirus is right. Because if Obama gets reelected he will ignore Congress, worse that he is now, and use Presidential Proclamations to make any law he wants. He thinks he can be King Obama. If he is re-elected gun owners and America is screwed.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Anyways, back to HR 822. Currently it sits in the Senate Judiciary Committee. A Democrat majority committee with our own Chris Coons being a member.

http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/about/members.cfm

This is the URL of the committee members and the states they're from.

I suggest that we spend a bunch of computer time emailing members of that committee as to the need to get HR 822 to the floor for an up or down vote. They need to hear our voice or it will sit there and possibly die. This bill has had pi-partisan support and sponsorship in the House but will need all the help it can get in the Senate. You know the old saying, "A squeeking wheel gets greased first". We need to make some noise about the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act, HR 822.
Please email the members of this committe and make some noise. (keeping it civil of course)
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

kimmie

It doesn't surprise me the reply you got from him.  I've written to all three of the libtards and ALWAYS get their canned vanilla replies.  I recently received one from Carney that was SO vanilla, I immediately replied back stating I would do EVERYTHING to make sure he doesn't get re-elected! Probably marked me I'm sure and I'm getting ready to submit my CCW permit end of this week!  Hope I'm not flagged! 
Retired Navy Vet, Married w/2 kids.  Work in Salisbury MD.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
I got a canned rely from Crapper and no reply from Coons. We all know how to vote in November!