Author Topic: Delaware CCW Holder Arrested in NYC  (Read 3875 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Delaware CCW Holder Arrested in NYC
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:51:43 PM »
So, this OWS protester, who happens to be a Delaware CCW permit holder, "forgot" he had a gun in his backpack when reporting for court to answer a variety of charges and then went into the wrong building.  How do you forget that you have a .45?

This Occupy Wall Street protester is definitely not among the 1% — of brightest Americans.

John Scott DeKuyper arrived for a Wednesday court hearing at the wrong building while carrying a Colt .45 pistol in his leather backpack, police and court officials said.

DeKuyper, 53, was also toting cartridges for the unloaded handgun in his bag when he was handcuffed at the weapon screening area inside 100 Centre St. around 11:30 a.m.
DeKuyper was first arrested last Oct. 15 while trying to yank the badge off the shirt of NYPD Chief of Department Joseph Esposito during a Times Square rally, according to a criminal complaint.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/occupy-wall-street-protester-john-scott-dekuyper-gun-court-date-article-1.1027283#ixzz1nK1alTM3

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Delaware CCW Holder Arrested in NYC
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »
This could happen to anyone... anyone less aware of the laws about concealed carry than we are, that is.
I knew a guy with a carry permit down in Middletown -- smart guy, not a flake or anything -- and he told me one day how he was in Brooklyn with his gun under the seat. I informed him that it was a felony... he was shocked!

I agree that he's an genius, but the real scandal here is that New York City (and the NJSSR, and the People's Republic of Maryland, etc.) can invalidate our Second Amendment rights.

(Disclosure: My wife and I support OWS, but we stay far away from Occupy Delaware events and protests... because we're not going to attend a protest armed, and we're always armed).
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 02:31:46 PM »
Althought The National Right-to-Carry Reciprosity Act of 2011 (HR822) now sitting in the Senate Judiciary Committee would make it legal to carry concealed in all states, for those possesing a CCDW, it does not change the individual state laws. We would have to respect and be aware of each states individual laws. Our own Senator Chris Coons sits on the Committee and is doing nothing to get this Bill out of committee and up for a vote. It is supported by 84% of those polled nationwide. It has 245 co-sponsors in Congress, yet still it sits. This should be a big concern to gun owners here in Delaware and elseware. This should be made an issue for the election and the candidates running for re-election nationally. All the more reason to change the Senate to the control of the Republicans. The Liberal/Progressive want to take our 2nd Amnedment Rights from us. I say not only no...but Hell No!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Capnball

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:24:21 AM »
While our "Occupy protester" is obviously several bricks short, it does point out the absurdity of the laws. He had an unloaded firearm in a backpack. He would have been far more of a threat with a broken bottle in his hand. As for our so called leaders - I prefer to call them "State-ists" as there is nothing Liberal or Progressive about the top-down oppression of big bloated government, it is older than recorded history. The only thing that the State-ists hate more than a citizen in possession of a firearm is not knowing which of the "unwashed masses" happens to be carrying one. This is why many of the State-ist mentality whine so much about guns during the off campaign season and try hard not to talk too much about the subject during campaigns, fearing the backlash at the ballot box if they whine too much. As important as the Federal Senate is we should also consider removing the bulk of the oppressive regime in Dover, as well. Our own State unfortunately, seems to have a situation where, people who really don't understand or care about the concept of individual liberty have been elected to guard it. Which is almost as absurd as our Occupy Protester attempting to gain access to public building with a firearm in New York. Poor fool.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 03:21:38 PM »
Amen, Sturm Ruger. ALL of us should call, write, or "E" mail him, let's flood him wth requests to pass this bill! Also remind him that we will remember him on election day.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 10:59:44 PM »
There are some who think this bill will be hijacked into a backdoor gun registration bill or make it more difficult for states to issue CCW permits.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County