Author Topic: What Do You Carry Concealed...and Why?  (Read 35369 times)

sethinde

Re: What Do You Carry Concealed...and Why?
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2013, 02:52:48 AM »
XDm 9mm 3.8" (full 19 rounds) in a Foxx Hybrid Holster, though I am going to order a Comp tac (either hybrid IWB or Appendix, or both)
I considered a XDm Compact but I liked the idea of the 19+1 rounds.  9mm Speer Gold Dot JHP (or Hornandy Critical Duty) as it is accurate and I can control the recoil pretty well even in +p.

jwcc21

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
SW M&P40C in a White Hat IWB hybrid with gun belt.  For when I'm just running around a Ruger LCP380 in a Desantis Nemesis.  Both combo's are very comfortable.  I'm finding the LCP to be great for the summer.  I can't find any shorts/pants I can't carry the little gun in.

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »
Glock 19....Reliability!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:28:42 AM by joek »

Beretta92

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »
Out for the evening a Ruger LCP .380 with a pocket holster. Fishing in the mountain areas Colt Mustang II .380 in my fishing vest. In the car either a Beretta 92 or SW40VE. And always a SOG Flash II knife.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 09:59:24 PM »
Being as I've had my CCDW now for a month and I've tried a few items now...

My main daily setup includes my Classic Walther PPQ 9mm (paddle mag release) with MeProLight night sights, 15-rnd mag, plus one in the pipe. Usually 1 15-rnd or extended 17-rnd spare mag in a pouch as well. The PPQ is carried at about 3 o'clock in a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB leather/Kydex holster. A Comp-Tac 1.5" double layer gun belt is used which includes an internal strip of Kydex for extra stiffness. Completing the setup is a nice Kershaw Speedsafe Ken Onion knife that's (Ouch!) sharp as all get out.

I've been very happy with this setup and don't find it hard to keep concealed nor do I find it that heavy. The PPQ is my favorite handgun to shoot and I shoot best with it. It does take slightly more diligence and safety awareness since it is fully cocked with no external safeties or de-cocking options. Because of these reason, the exceptionally smooth 4.5lbs trigger and the .08" quick reset a lot of people shy away from it as a carry option.

I also have a Walther PPS 9mm with 6,7,8 round mags. This is added to the setup by simply changing out the Kydex shell of the MTAC. Additional shells for other guns cost $35 bucks so its easier on the wallet then buying entire new holsters for each firearm.

For OWB I like my Ruger SP101 .357mag, 2.5" snub with its bobbed hammer in a Galco Belt slide holster. It has Hogue grips added and HKS speed-loaders for extra rounds.

Currently tossing the idea of the Ruger LCP .380 (like darn near everyone has) for a small pocket pistol as a backup or simply for that quick trip to Rona's for a pizza or other short out and back trip.

TechGeek

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »
Glock 30SF loaded with Win Ranger T ammo in a Foxx IWB Holster (at least for the Fall / Winter)

Not sure how this will work out come next summer with wearing shorts, etc.....we shall see:)
Kent County

loumem

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »
I've had my permit since July and have been looking for something smaller than my Glock 19 which I love! I finally settled the other day on SW M&P Shield. Love it so far. Only shot 50+ rounds at this point! Thin single stack 9mm. Very light and comfortable.

Fishhunter911

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »
When I CC, I carry a XDSC 9mm in a Crossbreed IWB and when I OC, Rock island 1911 9mm in a Blackhawk Serpa.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2013, 10:09:41 PM »
I finally settled the other day on SW M&P Shield. Love it so far. Only shot 50+ rounds at this point! Thin single stack 9mm. Very light and comfortable.

I also carry the S&W M&P Shield. Very nice little pistol, smooth operation, and and no issues since purchased last year. Shot close to 500 rounds through it so far and no jams, or issues.
I especially like the way the trigger works. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

ESPMan

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2013, 12:32:15 PM »
Kahr CM40 6+1, with Blackhawk IWB holster, and one extra clip.
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

BeachBum

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 03:33:19 AM »
Summertime, a diamond back 380 or DB380, just like a micro-glock, love that thing, 6+1 and carry it loaded, I've heard "that's nuts", specially since the no safety, but still to this day, no accidental discharges, that one I carry it with a blackhawk IWB and do it apendix.
Once the weather cools down and more clothing is needed, a ruger LC9, 7+1 and carry that one loaded as well, I guess my point is, when you might need to take it out, there might not be time to rack it, that one with just a side clip on my side, pretty comfy.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 11:31:44 PM »
How about some pics of the carry rigs too?

Ruger SR40c
S&W 642
Buck 337

[attachment deleted by admin]

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Tandem

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2013, 03:55:50 AM »
Carrying a Sig P938 with 7+1 mag in a Crossbreed Mini-Tuck holster.  Under a pound, but shoots much "bigger".  Really enjoying this little piece.
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »
I carry a Kel Tek P11
Why ? - Its all I could afford at the time ! I will be looking for a 40 S&W or 45ACP one day !
I really like the Springfield 40 XD  :P
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

FIREFIGHTER7248

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »
Bodyguard 380 when its hot, Glock 23 when its not
Sussex County