State News & Gun News > Delaware News

Markell's plan: 8% state pay cut, tax hikes

(1/4) > >>

Sigarms12:
Where does it end? Between the Fing county and the state I feel like I'm really taking it up the A$$. I really think its time for a new declaration of independence. IMO our Government has stopped working. >:( >:( >:(

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20090319/NEWS/90319026

CorBon:
The problem with our last governor election was not having any one to vote for.  We are now seeing the problem caused by those that were too scared to write-in Mickey Mouse for governor – which would have made a much better governor than Markell.  And just wait until he starts his anti-gun campaign.

GLOCK23:
my wife works for the state and let me tell u she had never had an 8% increase at one time in her pay ..so why cut it 8 percent..it would take her four years to start breaking even with the raise the state gives,.,,,that suck,,,

Taurus221:
This is what happens when Dems are elected. They want higher taxes so they can implement more governemnt. More gov means more control. Try cutting even more. If you or I over-spend from month to month do we demand a raise from our bosses? I just did with mine and he told me, 'you can take your pay raise request and shove it up your @@@.' Now, he's not a jerk and he is a good guy. He knew I was looking for a response. I got it!  :)

Anyway, this is no different than what is going on at the national level. Our Pres says he will give a tax cut to everyone less than 250K. What they are not telling you is that anything that has to do with energy will be taxed, i.e. gas, natural gas, propane, electricity, ect... He is also not telling you that he will be raising taxes on many other things as well.

This will also happen at the state level... take my word for it. It WILL happen.
Needless to say, higher taxes means less money for you and me. Less money for us means less spending... and the cycle continues. It's not rocket science, it's common sense. We won't get out of this mess until people are able to get some money under them. It won't happen with a Dem pres, congress or senate.

I know numerous people who voted Dem in this last election. To them I say, stop your whining! I know that will @@@@ several of you off but that's just my opinion.

It was our responsibility to educate ourselves on the issues before the election and numerous people did not.

CorBon:
Oddly enough, Thomas Paine wrote about this stuff -- a couple of hundred years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version