State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

DSSA MEETING

(1/2) > >>

JOET:

YOUR ARE INVITED!

DELAWARE STATE SPORTSMEN’S ASSOCIATION

THE OFFICIAL STATE AFFILAITE OF THE NRA IN DELAWARE

The Delaware  State Sportsmen’s Association (DSSA) cordially invites you to attend our Annual Meeting of Members to be held on Sunday, January 27th at the FOP Lodge on Kitts Hummock Road, Dover. Doors open at 1 pm, business meeting begins at 3 pm.

There will be displays from the various member clubs, an informational presentation on Delaware’s Concealed Carry Law. NRA Past President John Sigler will speak and you will have an opportunity to meet with the NRA-ILA lobbyist assigned to Delaware.

The DSSA is the organization that promotes and protects the interests of gunowners in and around Delaware on behalf of the NRA.

Past DSSA accomplishments include:

(1)The amendment to the Delaware Constitution that states: “A  person has the right to keep and bear, arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.” (Delaware Constitution Article I, Section 20.) This 1987 amendment to the Delaware Constitution was the culmination of two years of effort by the DSSA. Because of the work of the NRA, DSSA and its members, the “right to keep and bear arms” is now enshrined as a fundamental right.

(2) DSSA fought for and obtained passage of legislation that prohibits counties, towns and cities from passing any new gun control ordinances. Thanks to the DSSA, laws are uniform throughout Delaware. Unlike many states, you may travel anywhere in the state without fear of violating local laws concerning sporting equipment that you use for hunting, competition or recreation.

(3) DSSA has worked hand-in-hand with NRA-ILA to protect and expand the rights of hunters, passed handgun hunting, concealed carry reform, and many other laws that work to help our hunters, shooters, gun owners and collectors.

(4) For over 20 years, the DSSA has stood ever vigilant in defense of the right to keep and bear arms. Through our efforts, with the support of the National Rifle Association, the rights of the people of Delaware have not been compromised.

The law-abiding gun owner is under attack like never before. The news media, in concert with gun ban politicians, are trying to convince the public that your guns are the reason for violent crime in Delaware. Nothing could be further from the truth. We cannot let them get away with this deception.

The fight for Freedom is never over. We all have a role to play.

Please join us on Sunday afternoon, January 27th and find out more about the Delaware State Sportsmen’s Association and how you can help protect the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Delaware.

-----------------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association * 11250 Waples Mill Road * Fairfax, VA 22030
 Please do not reply to this email. If you no longer want to receive future announcements,
 please click here, and you will be removed immediately. Thank You!

SturmRugerSR9:
Thanks Joet,
I have been talking to some of my friends that are members and plan on attending and hope to join up.
Hope to meet others there too.

JOET:
You are quite welcome Strum. It would not be a bad idea for some of us to meet the people that we chat with on here. Especially people who like to go and target  shoot. I have met a couple of people from here and we had a great time a some shooting range's and talked guns, we all have things in common.

oldgraygeek:
My wife and I are going. You've all seen my picture by now...

JOET:
Oldgrey; I'll be looking for ya

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version