Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 7624 times)

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: Insurance
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 03:50:33 PM »
CCWSAFE was founded and is still operated by former law enforcement who became attorneys. I was guided to CCWSAFE by a law enforcement org. that I am a member. There is no perfect plan but for me at this time they will do.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 10:28:07 PM »
It still leaves unresolved the issue of how much the CCWSAFE, etc attorneys actually practice where they are dispatched.  I would feel a lot better knowing more of the ins and outs there and would feel better still about putting out the money if I knew that the attorneys that they are using actually earn their living every single day actively practicing law in the jurisdiction where they wind up.  That's just me though.  As with all things, your mileage may/will vary. 

Kilroy08

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 02:30:51 PM »
If memory serves correctly, in an old post somewhere, Old Grey Geek mentioned that Joe Hurley is $35,000 right off the bat. That makes protecting yourself in the event of a legal self defense action darn near bankrupting.

I went with USCCA, they appear to have the best comprehensive package going. At $30 a month, I just chalk it up as another insurance expense and sleep better at night. They have an established relationship with Andrew Funk in Dover. From what I've read, he's a pretty sharp attorney.

hap_hazzard

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 08:44:37 PM »
Second Call Defense .... they even have "crime scene cleanup" God forbid you are ever forced to defend yourself and make a "mess"

http://www.secondcalldefense.org/

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »
I've looked at them all and insurance is a ripoff. If I'm not legally forced into it I'll take my chances. I don't go looking for trouble and the likelihood of me ever having to draw or shoot someone is slim. I'll keep my $30+ bucks a month and put it into my investments. In the unlikely event I ever need the money it's a couple shares I sell off. I know not everyone can do that but for me it just makes sense.