State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

i like your gun, give it to me.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Clarence:
As usual I agree 100% with Adrenolin.

Condition 1:
Agree with Adrenolin 95%, only difference is I don't support OC. He is right on, a person with a gun visible is a target for criminals.

Paladin4CA:

--- Quote from: Condition 1 on October 09, 2014, 10:05:41 PM ---Agree with Adrenolin 95%, only difference is I don't support OC. He is right on, a person with a gun visible is a target for criminals.

--- End quote ---
I want to be able to OC in CA (my state), because if the weather gets hot, I want to be able to remove my cover garment w/o losing my CCW permit (assuming we win the Peruta case and I can get a CCW for mere "self-defense"....).

Similarly, if the wind should blow open my jacket, or I bend/move and expose my CCW, I don't want to lose my permit.

I'd probably prefer to OC when jogging for protection against BGs and/or BDogs.

Last: If I'm out hiking/backpacking, I'd prefer OCing.

Hawkeye:
I don't care if you carry open or concealed as long as you carry.  I do both. The targeting of an open carrier during a robbery is not a valid argument. That goes along with the "shoot me first" vest myth you hear about. Studies with inmates have shown that when they see an open carrier they will USUALLY move on to another target. I think the reason this is a story is because it goes against the norm. That being said however, BG's are getting bolder and changing their tactics. We might see this happen more and more.

Condition 1:

--- Quote from: Paladin4CA on October 09, 2014, 11:28:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Condition 1 on October 09, 2014, 10:05:41 PM ---Agree with Adrenolin 95%, only difference is I don't support OC. He is right on, a person with a gun visible is a target for criminals.

--- End quote ---
I want to be able to OC in CA (my state), because if the weather gets hot, I want to be able to remove my cover garment w/o losing my CCW permit (assuming we win the Peruta case and I can get a CCW for mere "self-defense"....).

Similarly, if the wind should blow open my jacket, or I bend/move and expose my CCW, I don't want to lose my permit.

I'd probably prefer to OC when jogging for protection against BGs and/or BDogs.

Last: If I'm out hiking/backpacking, I'd prefer OCing.

--- End quote ---

There is a distinction between OCing and your weapon being exposed because of the wind blowing your shirt, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version