Author Topic: Well, I feel safer...  (Read 4973 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Well, I feel safer...
« on: December 05, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »
"The parks division of Delaware’s Department of Natural Resources was given 20 M-16 rifles, while the fish and wildlife enforcement division obtained another 20 M-16s, plus eight M-14 rifles and ten .45-caliber automatic pistols."

And that's just one of many government agencies in Delaware who received 'gifts' from the DoD... the full database can be perused here:
https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2014/dec/04/pentagon-finally-details-its-weapons-cops-giveaway/#dod-graphic
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Well, I feel safer...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »
Well apparently you haven't been to Delaware parks in a while.  They are infested with Al Quida and ISIS and reports of Taliban have surfaced.  There have even been reports of un-dead in some of them.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »
"The parks division of Delaware’s Department of Natural Resources was given 20 M-16 rifles, while the fish and wildlife enforcement division obtained another 20 M-16s, plus eight M-14 rifles and ten .45-caliber automatic pistols."

And that's just one of many government agencies in Delaware who received 'gifts' from the DoD... the full database can be perused here:
https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2014/dec/04/pentagon-finally-details-its-weapons-cops-giveaway/#dod-graphic

When you look at the list, it makes one wonder  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 01:18:18 AM »
I had to laugh at some of the pricing.. 5.56 rifles valued at $120 each and yet one Delaware PD received 4 toasters valued at $2,400.00 each! Lol

Just remember, next time you need assistance with a violent offender in one of Delaware parks that help is just a phone call and 20+ minutes away. But fear not, they will roll out to investigate heavily armed and armoured in numbers 4 times greater then required and follow dozens of protocols to secure the area costing 100s of thousands of dollars to the taxpayers.. after the fact, as you've likely already been assaulted, robbed, kidnapped, raped or murdered.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 09:34:06 AM »
I swore I saw a state park employee with a sidearm at the Killens pond boat launch this summer. Had never seen that before. Maybe next time it'll be an M-14.
I have been going to parks and other places where I can legally carry.....in Pennsylvania! ;)
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 10:42:41 PM »
With all this military equipment going to lower law enforcements groups, millions of rounds of ammo, etc.,.........Have you heard about Obama's criterion for military leaders???  Will they order troops to shot at civilians, especially during gun seizures.  Me thinks something big is coming  and in the next two years!!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith