Author Topic: CCDW Application Question  (Read 11577 times)

javeez

CCDW Application Question
« on: September 25, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »
On 6/5/09 I submitted my application for CCDW permit to the NCC Prothonotary office, it is now 9/25/09 and I have not been contacted or received anything in the mail.  Is this typically how long the process takes or should I follow up directly with the Prothonotary office in regards to the status of my application?

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: CCDW Application Question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »
Have you received anything from the AG's office regarding your background check? It wouldn't hurt to give the Prothonotary's office a call.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

javeez

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 02:40:52 PM »
No, I have not received anything from the AG's office, what typically might they contact me on in regards to the background check?  Thanks for the reply.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 03:08:26 PM »
You should receive a letter by mail stating that they either have no reason to contest your application and that your background check is clear or a letter that states they contest your application. If you have not received anything yet I would call the prothonotary's office.

javeez

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 04:21:55 PM »
I just called and they informed me that it is still processing and that I should expect to receive a letter in the mail.  I am assuming that since the woman I spoke with does not see a problem with the current time that has passed, then there is maybe just a significant backlog.  She advised me to call back in a month if I have still not received any confirmation.

Thank you for your advice.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 04:38:31 PM »
Right now they are probably backlogged from the beginning of the year when there was an influx in applications so give it some time we've all been there. The wait truly does suck.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 11:46:01 PM »
I hand delivered my app back in late March.  I was told by the lady in the Proth's office "90 days".  In 90 days (almost to the day) I received my letter saying they didnt have a problem wiht my application and would be sending things onto the court.  I want to say it was like July 21st or somewhere there abouts, I received my permit in the mail.  SO...  basically, 120 days from the time they receive your app (I took the class prior to sending everything in) you should have your permit. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

javeez

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 08:00:21 PM »
Thank you to everyone for all the great responses.  I am sure I will see something here in the next month or two.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 12:22:17 AM »
It IS the longest wait ever!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 12:35:11 AM »
Yes it is.