Author Topic: Searched, trying to get a definite answer  (Read 11132 times)

crawfish

Searched, trying to get a definite answer
« on: December 09, 2009, 02:55:23 PM »
Can anyone give me a definite answer on this?

Can I concealed carry in a state park? In a National park?

And I can definitely CC in newark right? What if I am near UD?

Thanks for the help.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Searched, trying to get a definite answer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »
No state or federal parks. We almost had the federal parks but.....
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 10:15:03 PM »
Yes you can cc in Newark and on the UD campus.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

deviant.ollam

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 03:51:33 PM »
No state or federal parks. We almost had the federal parks but.....
i thought that law passed and that federal/national park carry is now permitted if someone holds a CCW that is valid for the state within which the national park land is located, no?

(NOTE - this provision doesn't go into effect until sometime in February, if i'm not mistaken)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 01:01:41 PM »
Deviant, I think you're right.  Then again... these boys in these here parts usually know their poop.

Hmmm....   Sig? What say you?

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 01:05:19 PM »
As far as DE state parks - NO!

Code: [Select]
It shall be unlawful to display, possess or discharge firearms of any description, air rifles, B.B. guns, sling shots or archery equipment upon any lands or waters administered by the Division, except by those persons lawfully hunting in those areas specifically designated for hunting by the Division, or except with prior written approval of the Director.
Found here: http://www.destateparks.com/rules/ @ 24.3
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 05:52:30 PM »
Heres the scoop on National Parks.
National Parks Gun Law Takes Effect in February
A new law permitting concealed loaded firearms at National Parks will not take effect until February and the Interior Department will continue to enforce Reagan-era restrictions until then, a spokeswoman said today.

"Under the current regulation, firearms are generally prohibited, but citizens may transport unloaded and dismantled or cased firearms and carry firearms while participating in approved hunting programs and under certain other circumstances," Interior spokeswoman Kendra Barkoff said in a statement released minutes after President Obama signed the credit card holders' bill of rights, which includes an amendment allowing firearms at the nation's National Parks and wildlife refuges.

The department plans to work on implementing the new law in the meantime, focusing especially on public safety and the safety of National Park employees, Barkoff said. Permission to carry a firearm into a park and the actual restrictions on such possession will vary by state, since the new federal law is governed by each state's firearms laws.

This week both the House and Senate approved Sen. Tom Coburn's amendment to the credit card bill. The Oklahoma Republican and a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers has tried for years to get the measure approved, arguing that differences in state and federal firearms restrictions made it difficult for gun owners to travel between state and federal lands. Interior instituted new regulations in the waning weeks of the Bush administration, only to have them rejected by a federal judge in March. The Obama administration refused to appeal the decision and the president signed today's bill with no comment on the gun provisions. Approval of Coburn's bill is yet another of several recent setbacks for gun control advocates.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 05:54:18 PM »
As far as State Parks here's a thread from a while back that may be helpful.

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=140.0

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »
Whoa!! I appoligize, I hadnt heard that it was changing. I never really pay attention to federal parks since we dont have any here in Delaware, but that great to hear.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!