Author Topic: SneakyPete holster update  (Read 3473 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
SneakyPete holster update
« on: May 17, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »
I've been carrying my Glock 42 in a SneakyPete ballistic nylon holster, but it didn't hold up too well. The front bottom corner got kind of frayed and loose during normal wear.
So, I did two things:
--I bought the leather model, which I figured would be of better construction (if only because it cost more).
--I contacted their customer support. As soon as I sent them pictures of the problem, they sent me a replacement.

I can highly recommend the product. I wore it to the Temple commencement on Thursday, which was a combination mob scene and Police Overtime Festival. At least two dozen Philly and Temple U. cops gave us long, hard, careful looks as we entered the events, but none of them noticed the holster or the gun inside it.

Hiding in plain sight works really well...

The leather holster is really nice looking, so I'll probably wear it most of the time. My son will soon be picking up his graduation gift from me (another Glock 42  ;)) so he'll probably want the nylon one.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: SneakyPete holster update
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 12:15:53 PM »
Congrats on your son's graduation!  A Glock 42 is a great gift.  I saw the nylon SneakyPete at the dinner meeting recently and thought it was clever in design.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: SneakyPete holster update
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 01:06:38 PM »
Perhaps the LEO's did notice the SP, but decided you didn't look like a troublemaker. Congratulations to your son!
New Castle County