Author Topic: When do I become concerned?  (Read 5597 times)

eclipse

When do I become concerned?
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:20:22 AM »
Friday will be 4.5 months since I submitted.  I hand delivered everything in Monday the 13th of feb.  They checked everything and said the application was complete.  Check was cashed feb 15th.  My background is completely clean.  For my work I get one about every other month.  Most of the people I know who have applied around the same time as me and even after me have received permits.  Are others who applied around then still waiting or should I make a call?

Johnnyboy

Re: When do I become concerned?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:32:44 AM »
Mine took exactly 4 months.....
I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

KimberXxX

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:09:22 AM »
I applied March 6th and am in the same boat. No concerns at all with my background and still waiting. Coming up on almost 4 months now and nothing. I guess all we can do is wait.

Eric_DENative

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:10:04 PM »
I was just about 4 months myself....applied beginning of Jan, recieved it end of April. Beginning of the year always seems to be backlogged for new issues since they've been telling renewals to mail in January in order to get reissued and renewals take precedent over new apps. I've heard "horror" stories of new apps sometimes upto 6 months, dunno if their was any snags on those though.

Willie848

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:43:12 PM »
A watched pot never boils it's coming and it my be sooner than you think. Stop looking and see what happens sharpen up your skills. Go to the range shoot a few hundred rounds and before you know it their it is in the mail box waiting on you.

Capnball

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »
I was just a few days shy of 5 full months in NCC as well. There is no fast forward for this process, unfortunately. I think that some of the folks that have to do the work at the A.G.s office and SBI, probably hate it because they are rabid big government types and hate the idea of an armed populace as was the case with the lady that did my fingerprints. While others are just overwhelmed with the number of permit requests that they have been getting in the last few years. Either way, it isn't much of a priority and they don't apply a lot of resources to the processing of the requests. What is surprising is that it gets done at all. Most bureaucratic nonsense is put into place to discourage people from going through the process either by making it expensive or so difficult and time consuming that the average person gives up in disgust. Hang in there it will show up in the mail sooner than you think.

Treeman

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 11:01:27 PM »
Mine took a little over six months. Applied early December and got it mid June. Took some calls and emails to finally get some one to look into it.

koljec

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 11:20:05 AM »
Received mine a couple days ago; originally submitted in early February; so a little over 5 months. Glad to have the license off my to-do list!

eclipse

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »
Permit arrived today.  5.5 months.  Thanks for all the advice.  I am glad I applied when I did though.  I imagine in light of recent events the number of apps (and wait time) will only increase. 

MikeF

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
Congrats on getting your license guys!  I'm still waiting (since 3/13). I've been buying guns and shooting a lot in the meantime!  :)

jbullock

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 01:16:18 AM »
  I have no idea what they do when you file. I filed at least two weeks after my neighbor but received mine about 3-4 weeks before he did. I don't know if there are any specific factors that cause a delay or if it is just a random shuffling of the paperwork.