Author Topic: Work Place and CCDW guns  (Read 2494 times)

xring

Work Place and CCDW guns
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:24:21 AM »
I think at one time I herd that there was a bill trying to be passed, that an employer was unable to accuse you for bringing a CCDW when left in you vehicle while you are at work as long as the weapon was locked in your car.

Would anyone know if this law was passed? Should I be real concern with this? I know I can't carry while at my physical job but I do carry to and from work.

Re: Work Place and CCDW guns
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 03:01:51 AM »
I am not sure. I do think that with Delaware being a "Work at will state" that the employer can pretty much do what they want. I had heard on another forum of a member who was fired for a holster ( no gun) showing when his shirt came up a bit at work.

I would hope that our politicians should value our freedoms combined with rights of employers. WHile I dont agree with bans on guns at work ( they cant guarantee your safety) You should have the freedom to control your vehicle.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 12:38:55 PM »
I don't think it is a "law", but more of a employer policy. If they say no guns on their property that means in their parking lot also. Remember, if you don't work for an employer by contract, you are what they call an
"at will" employee, and can be fired for almost anything, eve if you have worked there for years.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Bmel17

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »
I don't think it is a "law", but more of a employer policy. If they say no guns on their property that means in their parking lot also. Remember, if you don't work for an employer by contract, you are what they call an
"at will" employee, and can be fired for almost anything, eve if you have worked there for years.

correct.  I today just had to put out a reiteration of our corp policy on firearms.  Came in and saw the request in my email and went, huh, wonder what happened. 

xring

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 12:49:17 AM »
Thanks for all your input. Kind of a catch 22 situation. I work in a bad area and carry every day, but I love my job and could never afford to loose it.