Author Topic: Kent County - time for process info  (Read 5360 times)

Vaison

Kent County - time for process info
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:08:47 PM »
I know the NCC people are going to not like this post, but here is the time frame of my license process:

Got application online - Feb 15th
Fingerprinted - Feb 21st (went to Dover SBI rather than making an appointment at Troop 2)
Notice in Smyrna/Clayton Sun Times - Feb 21st
Took CCW class - February 27th
Submitted application to Prothonotary - March 14th
Received CCW in mail April 12th.

Less than 2 months for the entire process.  Less than one month after application submitted.  I suppose there is one more reason I liked moving from NCC to Kent county. 

The license itself is a joke.  They put a piece of scotch tape over my photo, mounted it crooked, and then laminated it with the scotch tape still over my face. 

Trapper

Re: Kent County - time for process info
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »
Congrats on the quick turn around. I submitted mine on March 1st in kent county as well, I am still waiting.
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

04ranger

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 09:08:49 PM »
Did they contact your references? Just curious
Will Not Go Gentle
Sussex County

Bulldog021

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »
I really hope my approval process is that quick as well. If they run into any snags do they usually call or just issue a denial
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 04:24:34 AM »
Scotch tape over face?  It is a concealed permit, is it not?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »
LOL, Cbmarine.

Vaison, I'd contact the Prothonotary's office and get a new license...  or, you could be detained a while if you ever had to show it. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 06:28:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'd be back in requesting a placement ID without the tape over the picture. Only takes 1 incident where an officer questions it as a forgery and there goes your week... If not longer. I'd say its darn valid request for a new ID card. I know I wouldn't want to chance an officer questioning it as a forgery!

Vaison

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 03:35:21 AM »
@04ranger - None of my references were contacted.

To the other posters - I'm not that worried about someone thinking my CCW is a forgery.  I've seen a friend's CCW and his looks like it was manufactured at the Farmers Market too.  Mine just has the clear scotch tape running from just above my head, all the way down the entire photo.  Here is a scan I made of it.  The white box covering the photo was done intentionally.  That is not the tape.  The tape is completely clear.  At the top of this photo, you can somewhat see the tape - I circled it in red.  That is where it starts and then runs down the entire photo, right over my face. 

It didn't scan as well as I'd like, but you get the idea for the purpose of this topic.  No, I did not scan it crooked.  That is how it was laminated. 

On a side note...I just don't get why this license isn't completed at DMV using their biometric camera and printed ID card system.  It's not like the person who accepted my application confirmed it was me handing it in.  At least the DMV camera would pick up if someone else were using my information to obtain this license.  And, they would produce a professional and secure license.  Just my two cents...

Fieldman

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 12:22:34 AM »
Congrats on the quick turn around. I submitted mine on March 1st in kent county as well, I am still waiting.

I submitted mine on 3/15 in Kent and I still haven't heard anything.  My references haven't been contacted. Two friends of mine got theirs back in march and it only took 4 weeks. Think I'm calling on Monday to check the status.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 01:12:31 AM »
Fieldman,

None of my references were contacted. In fact, I don't recall anyone that's on here that had their references contacted.  Hope they tell you good news when you call.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 01:49:31 AM »
Congratulations on your CCDW.

Fieldman

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 05:34:52 AM »
Called today, err yesterday.  Explained that friends that applied at the same time received theirs. Said its "still over at the department of justice".  No eta.  She said it usually takes a couple months.  She didnt comment on why others were processed faster.  So much for hoping it would be quick for me. 

Bulldog021

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 11:55:41 PM »
Is only been three weeks for me but the wait is killing me. I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF