Author Topic: winterthur museum  (Read 3131 times)

Richie

winterthur museum
« on: November 27, 2015, 11:14:45 AM »
Can one legally carry in Winterthur? I am going there Monday and was wondering if I could carry. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: winterthur museum
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 05:59:15 PM »
Winterthur is not a State of Federal building, so yes, you can carry there. Ignore the "no guns" signs as they carry no legal weight. If they accidentally spot your weapon, they can only ask you to leave. The thing to watch out for is metal detectors or wanding at entrances. That is becoming more popular.
New Castle County

Richie

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:15:28 AM »
Made my trip to Winterthur, there were not any metal detectors or wands at the entrance and not any no gun signs. I did not take my gun however as I was there on a bus trip and if there were any metal detectors or wands I would not have had a place store my gun before going in.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 03:42:01 PM »
Made my trip to Winterthur, there were not any metal detectors or wands at the entrance and not any no gun signs. I did not take my gun however as I was there on a bus trip and if there were any metal detectors or wands I would not have had a place store my gun before going in.

Good to know if anyone ever goes so they can carry same with my trip to Santander performance arts center to see Mercy ME this past Sunday.  There were no wands not metal detectors and for that matter not a whole lot of security either.  Do not mess with the short old lady that watches the door though some people were trying to push the line to get in.  She stuck up her finger and said very strongly BACK OFF!!  everyone stopped in their tracks.  NEVER underestimate the power of grandma!!!!!
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Beretta92

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 08:30:47 PM »
I was visiting family in Columbus, Ohio and my brother in law took me to an NHL game. When we entered we saw that they had metal detectors so we hid our knives in large concrete pots with trees in them in front of the arena because the walk back to the car was  too far. After the game we went and retrieved the knives.

Neither of us were carrying because my brother in law was told by his friends that they could not enter with a hand gun.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 02:30:53 AM »

Good to know if anyone ever goes so they can carry same with my trip to Santander performance arts center to see Mercy ME this past Sunday.  There were no wands not metal detectors and for that matter not a whole lot of security either.  Do not mess with the short old lady that watches the door though some people were trying to push the line to get in.  She stuck up her finger and said very strongly BACK OFF!!  everyone stopped in their tracks.  NEVER underestimate the power of grandma!!!!!
Odd behavior for a MercyMe show...
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."