Author Topic: State Fair Boycott  (Read 825 times)

Libertarian5

State Fair Boycott
« on: July 18, 2023, 08:51:20 PM »
I was never a one to attend the state fair here in Delaware but I see they're blocking anyone with a CCW from practicing their 2A rights. I imagine a boycott is in order.

slsharp

Re: State Fair Boycott
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 05:02:01 PM »
We think alike- Boycott.  And, let them know your not attending, and why;
 Rebekkah@TheStateFair.net

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 06:02:49 PM »
A larger impact might be to contact any vendors that set up at the fair and ask them to notify fair officials that they will not return next year unless this policy is revoked.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 12:25:11 AM »
Question I have is....   Anyone THINKING of boycotting, did you attend last year?  Year before?  If I boycott, no big deal to them..  I haven't been and did not plan on attending. So me boycotting is zero movement to them on attendance.

I remember the boycott of Dicks.  Everyone was predicting they'd be out of business.....  I think their doors are still open.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 12:13:38 PM »
Question I have is....   Anyone THINKING of boycotting, did you attend last year?  Year before?  If I boycott, no big deal to them..  I haven't been and did not plan on attending. So me boycotting is zero movement to them on attendance.

I remember the boycott of Dicks.  Everyone was predicting they'd be out of business.....  I think their doors are still open.
Agree.  Our impact on this would be minimal. Certainly not enough to change their woke  minds.

If major vendors could be persuaded to boycott, might make a difference

I’m leery of attending because the only real interest we had was the livestock and I’m still fearful of bringing back avian flu to our hens.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

slsharp

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 01:01:24 PM »
All true- which is why an email to them might be more effective.

Personally, I would like to see the DSSA set up camp for the week, representing gun safety, the NRA, hunting, law enforcement, historical aspects like how firearms in history won us independence from the redcoats, etc.

That might start the ball rolling in the right direction, because farmers are not anti-2A, and that's what the fair is all about isn't it?