Author Topic: Willimington opposition group targeted by Beau Biden  (Read 4157 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
Willimington opposition group targeted by Beau Biden
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:05:14 PM »
The AG's office has issued a subpoena asking Facebook to reveal the ownership of a page that is very critical of the both Wilmington's mayor & the NCC government.

Link to Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/PeacefulRioters?ref=stream

At one point in time both the Freedom of Speech & Freedom of the Press were protected. Now it appears that the government can
harass those that do not agree with them simply because they don't like what is being said.

The ACLU has already issued a statement reinforcing that the items on this page are protected speech.
Link to the ACLU petition to Superior Court to quash the subpoena:
http://www.aclu-de.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Peaceful-Rioters-of-Wilmington-Petition-to-Quash.pdf

Tell you friends. This is how government tyranny begins.
While your at it, tell your reps & senators that this is totally unacceptable.

No matter what your opinion, in this country, you have the absolute right to express it and no obligation to disclose
your identity (with very few exceptions).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:57:14 PM by groundgrid »
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Willimington opposition group targeted by Beau Biden
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:54 PM »
I totally support the 1st Ammendment.  I also think the page is filled with a bunch of jacka$$ery and does nothing to actually solve problems or actually improve communication, it's a "hate the wilmington PD and hate the wilmington gov't" page.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 02:24:07 AM »
I totally support the 1st Ammendment.  I also think the page is filled with a bunch of jacka$$ery and does nothing to actually solve problems or actually improve communication, it's a "hate the wilmington PD and hate the wilmington gov't" page.

Moosie

At least it does not say "nuke Wilmington". Not that I would condone that, but I would be curious if all the "working people' at places like banks and so forth were out and the city was nuked how it would effect crime rates in the state as well as public assistance money spent.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »
Never thought I'd be thinking positive things about the ACLU. I once e-mailed them asking them to intercede and stop Delaware Democrat Legislators from passing a law for Delaware to join Obamacare, as it would be devastating to our economy and work force. They did not respond.
At a hearing (I was present, no just reading spin articles))on the bill that put us on board with Obama care, The Democrat majority of the committee said there is no way we (Delaware Democrats) were going to do anything to make Obama and Joe Biden look bad. So Delaware must get rid of the top tier Democrat majority and return some balance to Delaware Government.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 04:42:28 PM »
Never thought I'd be thinking positive things about the ACLU. I once e-mailed them asking them to intercede and stop Delaware Democrat Legislators from passing a law for Delaware to join Obamacare, as it would be devastating to our economy and work force. They did not respond.
At a hearing (I was present, no just reading spin articles))on the bill that put us on board with Obama care, The Democrat majority of the committee said there is no way we (Delaware Democrats) were going to do anything to make Obama and Joe Biden look bad. So Delaware must get rid of the top tier Democrat majority and return some balance to Delaware Government.

Every now and then the ACLU will do something good, but 99% of the time its picking on American values, Christian traditions and white people that are targets
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »
From the NJ & picked up by USA today:

WILMINGTON, Del. — Attorney General Beau Biden's office on Friday withdrew a subpoena to Facebook seeking the identity of the person who created the Peaceful Rioters page critical of Wilmington and New Castle County officials.

Biden's office wrote that "the information originally sought was no longer necessary'' in a criminal investigation of a possible hate crim
e.

The ACLU does, occasionally, have some value.

The Facebook page is pure trash. However, the point has been made that they have a right to publish it no matter how bad it is.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 04:57:54 PM »
Is that page up> I tried clicking on the link but cant find it?

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 06:45:34 PM »
I have zero use for the ACLU. All they do at this point is continue being a puppet for whatever ridiculous cause the pathetic excuse for a president is trumping at the moment. 

They no longer serve the people.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident