Author Topic: What we're up against-comments from Delaware "Liberals"  (Read 10450 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
What we're up against-comments from Delaware "Liberals"
« on: February 22, 2014, 03:33:04 PM »
I have been following a thread on DelawareLiberal.net. Here are a few of the comments posted there:

@LE. One thing you can say about gun nuts, their basic lack of critical thinking and reflection on why they hold thier crackpot beliefs is a true strength .

When your ilk learns to control your temper, control where your bullets go, improve your judgement, and stop being so @@@@ brilliant in general, then that will happen.

Because your point of view is brilliant. Look… Total freedom increases if guns are banned. Sure, some people’s freedoms will be decreased, but others and more will be increased. In a civilized society, rights are protected.

Your rights do not trump my rights, or anyone else’s rights. It’s not just about how much freedom YOU have.

Here is a link to the thread:
http://www.delawareliberal.net/2014/02/20/smart-guns-are-calling-the-nras-bluff

Time to open the bomb bay doors.
If you have a few minutes this weekend, give them a few lessons in reality.

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: What we're up against-comments from Delaware "Liberals"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 05:21:49 PM »
A proposal that could made to the DE Libs.  Put a personalized breathalyzer in every vehicle. It would reduce vehicle theft and joyriding by your kids.  If it fails to identify you during an emergency, oh well, it was still a good idea.

Scanning the posts, two verses come to mind as probably applicable.

Proverbs 18:2
The fool does not desire understanding,
But only to air his thoughts.

Proverbs 29:9
If a wise man has an argument with a foolish man, the fool only rages or laughs, and there is no rest.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 08:05:53 PM »
Of course your quotes are from the Bible, a book for which they have no respect.

IMHO, that is a major part of the problem.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »
Something you have to understand about liberal thought, or lack thereof.  They think with their hearts, not their brains.  If it feels good, it is good for everyone.  Nothing those of our ilk say will make a difference.  And they rarely consider what effect their crap will have downstream.  As Mr Spock often said, that is not logical, why would you do that??.

Like raising gas taxes.  Yes, some of the infrastructure may get fixed, but at what cost and to who??  The people that can least afford it will pay the most of their income.  And by the way, does anyone else notice that roads with no real problems get paved/rebuilt, while crumbling roads are ignored???  How long and at what cost was the project at the Foulk Rd/Murphy Rd intersection, and what was the benefit??
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Bullpup

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:37:04 PM »
Total freedom increases if guns are banned.

What possible freedoms could be increased by banning guns?  The freedom of criminals? 

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »
From what I can deduce, they believe that they have a right to be free of fear and that they are being denied the "pursuit of happiness" because
they must be in constant fear of being shot by someone with a gun.

I know that this doesn't make any sense but I'm at a loss otherwise.

What is really interesting is that many believe that anyone with a gun must have some form of personality disorder or be a control freak.
Guns for them have an immensely negative connotation. The idea of guns for sport is completely foreign to them and they are completely
incapable of understating that guns do not equal violence. For them violence is a gun, not the criminal pulling the trigger.

Personally, I feel much safer in the presence of those who are legally armed for I am reasonably assured that they are not criminals and
that they would assist in my defense should the need arise.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 10:00:38 PM »
From what I can deduce, they believe that they have a right to be free of fear and that they are being denied the "pursuit of happiness" because they must be in constant fear of being shot by someone with a gun.

I think this is exactly correct. As a liberal myself, I know a lot of other liberals... and this is a common fear among them.

What is really interesting is that many believe that anyone with a gun must have some form of personality disorder or be a control freak.
Guns for them have an immensely negative connotation. The idea of guns for sport is completely foreign to them and they are completely incapable of understating that guns do not equal violence. For them violence is a gun, not the criminal pulling the trigger.
Again, right on the money. In fact, many liberals view armed liberals as closet conservatives, and that any opposition to "gun control" is right-wing/NRA talking points.

Personally, I feel much safer in the presence of those who are legally armed for I am reasonably assured that they are not criminals and that they would assist in my defense should the need arise.

Exactly. Anyone who is carrying openly, or whom you know to be carrying concealed legally, is definitely not a violent criminal. This is the crux of what those folks don't understand: that there are guns being carried around them wherever they go, and the legal ones pose no threat.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »
Thank you oldgray.  It helps to understand those that don't understand me!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Bullpup

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 11:34:28 PM »
From what I can deduce, they believe that they have a right to be free of fear

Does anyone really have a "right" to be free of fear?  Would it be OK to want to secure this (or any) right by limiting the actions of others?  I have difficulty understanding such points of view.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 11:49:39 PM »
Thank you oldgray.  It helps to understand those that don't understand me!

if he could only do marriage counseling.    ::)
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 12:15:26 AM »
From what I can deduce, they believe that they have a right to be free of fear and that they are being denied the "pursuit of happiness" because they must be in constant fear of being shot by someone with a gun.

I think this is exactly correct. As a liberal myself, I know a lot of other liberals... and this is a common fear among them.

This may be plowing old ground but, IMO, here is an excellent article for understanding and dealing with the anti-gun mindset. Here's the first section.
http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

Raging Against Self Defense:
A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality
By Sarah Thompson, M.D.
Permission is granted to distribute this article in its entirety, so long as full copyright information
and full contact information is given for JPFO. Copyright © 2000 Sarah Thompson, MD

"You don’t need to have a gun; the police will protect you."
"If people carry guns, there will be murders over parking spaces and neighborhood basketball games."
"I’m a pacifist. Enlightened, spiritually aware people shouldn’t own guns."
"I’d rather be raped than have some redneck militia type try to rescue me."

How often have you heard these statements from misguided advocates of victim disarmament, or even woefully uninformed relatives and neighbors? Why do people cling so tightly to these beliefs, in the face of incontrovertible evidence that they are wrong? Why do they get so furiously angry when gun owners point out that their arguments are factually and logically incorrect? How can you communicate with these people who seem to be out of touch with reality and rational thought? One approach to help you deal with anti-gun people is to understand their psychological processes. Once you understand why these people behave so irrationally, you can communicate more effectively with them.

Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 12:55:00 AM »
Love that comment "you don't need a gun, the police will show up and protect you".
Well...anyone have a fire extinguisher in their home? Yes? Why? Why not just wait till the fire department shows up?
New Castle County

fdegree

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 02:13:05 AM »
I've made this statement a few times over the years...

The propaganda, and out right lies, by the anti-gun community is continuously in the face of the general public.  Over time, anyone that hears the same thing over and over and over again, will eventually begin to believe in it.  Mainly, because that is all they hear, and never hear anything to the contrary...how else could we have fallen so far from what was.

I believe, what needs to happen, is the pro-gun community NEEDS to get out there...prominently in the public eye, and start proving the anti-gun rhetoric as false, while promoting the positive aspects of gun ownership.  We need to keep at it, against all of the visceral, hateful attacks that will inevitably come our way by making such a stand.

The side that influences the public will win...right now, the anti-gun community is winning that battle.

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

robberbaron

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 12:13:16 PM »
In my opinion, the biggest problem is we have lost the battle of the language. In a concerted effort over the last 50+ years, the libs (and Marxists) have been able to define issues in their favor. For example, if you disagree with a lib then it is "hate speech", your right to carry makes you a "gun nut", your disagreement about abortion means you favor a "war on women" (never mind the war on the fetus) and not wanting sexually challenged marriage (for religious reasons) makes you a right wing religious zealot. Until we are able to re-define (properly define) the language, it is an uphill battle as the average schlub is not paying much attention and tends to follow the herd over the cliff.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 11:00:34 PM »

"You don’t need to have a gun; the police will protect you."
"If people carry guns, there will be murders over parking spaces and neighborhood basketball games."
"I’m a pacifist. Enlightened, spiritually aware people shouldn’t own guns."
"I’d rather be raped than have some redneck militia type try to rescue me."

Really, this is the words of an obvious numb skull.

I'd rather have a gun in my hand that a cop on the phone.
Most people that are murdered, are murdered with a knife, not a gun.
Pacifist is another word for a coward, "spiritually aware" is a humanistic term for a non-believer.
Oh really, she'd rather be raped, than be protected by a redneck with a gun. Well, I think you are a fool. I know a couple a gals that were raped and they would have love for a redneck,  a circus clown,  a stamp collector, or even a computer geek with a gun to have rescued them. Anybody, but it didn't happen. Beggars can't be choosers, but as the Bible says, when it comes to a choice between life or death, choose life. Even from a redneck.

I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun