Author Topic: logic/commen sense is dead!!  (Read 6516 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
logic/commen sense is dead!!
« on: May 05, 2013, 10:33:54 PM »
We have all been writing, calling, talking to our elected officials.  There seems to be no way to make them understand that nothing they are doing will make a bit of difference on the bad guys, it just adds road blocks and "infringes" on the rights of those that are law abiding.  Even the politicians we thought were on our side are turncoats.  I hear about X times a day that we need 'common sense' regulations on this or that.  But there is little common sense applied.  I was born in this state and for much of my life, I liked living here.  Now I see us turning into California or worse, and there seems to be little we can do to alter it.  Markell gives our money to Fisker, and others for boondoggle schemes and says, shut up and pay the bill.  Time to look for somewhere else to finish this life.

JB
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: logic/commen sense is dead!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:43:17 PM »
We should stop calling it common sense... because it really isn't all that common!! 

The politicians are not the only ones who don't seem to get it when it comes to gun control. It gives them all warm fuzzies for some reason.  They keep thinking that by restricting firearms in whatever way (limits on # of rounds in a magazine, how many hoops we have to jump through to purchase, etc) that this is going to take guns off the street. 

They really don't get it. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 11:37:47 PM »
  I was born in this state and for much of my life, I liked living here.  Now I see us turning into California or worse, and there seems to be little we can do to alter it.  Markell gives our money to Fisker, and others for boondoggle schemes and says, shut up and pay the bill.  Time to look for somewhere else to finish this life.

I'm at the same point.  Over the last few years, I've slowly watched this place become -- something that I'm not.  Bit by bit, the change continues.  And any argument is always met with the same nonsense.  If you complain about the County raising taxes, many will counter that taxes were higher wherever they came from.  Lots of transplants came here with the attitude that wherever they came from sucked.  And the first thing they did was to try to make this place just like the place that they came from.  And now we have a governor trying to do the same thing.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:54:06 AM »
There seems to be no way to make them understand that nothing they are doing will make a bit of difference on the bad guys, it just adds road blocks and "infringes" on the rights of those that are law abiding. 

But that's just it, they do get it, they just don't care because the end justifies the means.  All the information is available proving that more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens lowers crime but they willfully choose  not to see it because it does not fit their agenda.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 01:28:14 AM »
You're very correct, Hawkeye! Sad, but true. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »
Ok

I have a 100% idea to help make the anti's see the light.

We all know the kinds of neighborhoods many of these anti-gun politicians live. Most are shall we say not diverse, very low crime, white picket fences and all that. Worse that happens is a kid breaks a window playing baseball.

I would suggest any of the anti gun politicians from the local to the federal level live in a neighborhood like Hampton Green II or Brookmont farms with no bodyguards for one week. I honestly think they would change their tunes. I dare say some might come running from the areas in a couple hours saying "I did not think I would have to associate or live here. I just wanted their votes".

This would be kind of like a scared straight on why people need to protect themselves.

Make Diane Feinstein live in South Central Los Angeles for a week. I am sure this would happen. Again no bodyguards and all the same laws regular citizens have to follow
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SteveMiller

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »
Ok

We all know the kinds of neighborhoods many of these anti-gun politicians live. Most are shall we say not diverse, very low crime, white picket fences and all that. Worse that happens is a kid breaks a window playing baseball.

I would suggest any of the anti gun politicians from the local to the federal level live in a neighborhood like Hampton Green II or Brookmont farms with no bodyguards for one week. I honestly think they would change their tunes. I dare say some might come running from the areas in a couple hours saying "I did not think I would have to associate or live here. I just wanted their votes".

This would be kind of like a scared straight on why people need to protect themselves.

Make Diane Feinstein live in South Central Los Angeles for a week. I am sure this would happen. Again no bodyguards and all the same laws regular citizens have to follow

But Diane had a CCW permit and knows what it is like to want to have a self defense option.  She still wants to take our rights away!
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

derunner

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 12:35:08 AM »
I'm not sure all is lost.  My senator, Hall-Long and rep Earl Jaques seem to understand.  Hall-Long voted against the bill bill on stolen guns that makes victims into criminals, that bill only passed by one vote.  I think she will also back gun owners on all the oher bills that come up.  I was not sure about Jaques, but he told me he does not plan to vote for the magazine bill or any others so I think some are listening.

As for common sense, that is the argument Obama and Biden keep making, "common sense gun controls"  I cringe each time they say it.  I find when people discuss a topic and say something is common sense, it means they know they have no real argument.  If they had a better argument they would use it.  but all we hear is pleads to emotion and "common sense"

Keep writing and calling on each new bill.

I don't know if you have been getting calls like I have, but Delawareans are being called by several liberal groups to contact their leaders.  this has been the first time in 25 years that I recall we are being targed by outside influences.  We have to remind them we ae here and we will vote!

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 12:38:06 AM »
Ok

But Diane had a CCW permit and knows what it is like to want to have a self defense option.  She still wants to take our rights away!

Right she had one. My point is that she would have to live just like the rest of us. No permit and deal with the "people" that inhabit high crime areas and are the reason many decent people carry guns.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 01:33:42 AM »
I wish there was a way to have the news urinal do a story on "our side" of the whole gun control issue. I know people who have a permit and are blind to what's going on in our government with gun control!!  To sit and have a conversation with them about things like "criminals don't care about gun laws so by supporting the genius in office who wants to give you the idea that they're keeping you safe is in reality taking away your ability to defend yourself"....    and let me tell you.  This is a very painful conversation to have with folks that are in my opinion not brilliant... but have just for some reason decided to trust the government. 

Moosie

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 01:36:47 AM »
I wish there was a way to have the news urinal do a story on "our side" of the whole gun control issue. I know people who have a permit and are blind to what's going on in our government with gun control!!  To sit and have a conversation with them about things like "criminals don't care about gun laws so by supporting the genius in office who wants to give you the idea that they're keeping you safe is in reality taking away your ability to defend yourself"....    and let me tell you.  This is a very painful conversation to have with folks that are in my opinion not brilliant... but have just for some reason decided to trust the government. 

Moosie

I always point to my native ancestors when people tell me about being able to trust the government

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 02:31:22 AM »
@silverbullet, are you reflecting the Red Cloud quote From the Dee Brown book, 'Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee'. "The white man made us many promises - more than I can remember, but he never kept but one: he promised to take our land - and he took it".  Any history getting repeated here?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 02:33:17 AM »
@silverbullet, are you reflecting the Red Cloud quote From the Dee Brown book, 'Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee'. "The white man made us many promises - more than I can remember, but he never kept but one: he promised to take our land - and he took it".  Any history getting repeated here?

I recall my father said this one was handed down.

"White man wins and its a great battle. The Indian wins and it is a massacre"