State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

What will happen during the lame duck session?

(1/3) > >>

MarkB:
I fear the Democrats will try to push through all their bad policies and judicial appointments (only 51 votes needed since Reed destroyed the rules of the Senate) between now and January.

Your thoughts?

SturmRugerSR9:
I believe first up will be Obama's replacement for Eric Holder. I saw where today they have chosen a black female judge named Lynch for that slot. I'm sure she must be a Liberal or why would Obama name her.

Cbmarine:
FoxNews says Tom Perez, current Labor Secretary, will be nominated to replace Holder.  Republicans won't be happy because Harry Reid's nuclear option allows appointment approval with just 51 votes versus 60 votes.  It is likely to be a one month session.  Congress will argue with POTUS about immigration. Also in work are the appropriations bill, Ebola funding, tax break extensions, and defense funding. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train coming the other way. :)  Hanging tight until January.

Cbmarine:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on November 06, 2014, 01:33:41 PM ---I believe first up will be Obama's replacement for Eric Holder. I saw where today they have chosen a black female judge named Lynch for that slot. I'm sure she must ne a Liberal or why would Obama name her.

--- End quote ---
@Sturm had the right prognostication: WSJ reports Loretta Lynch is being nominated by the POTUS. Lynch is the US Attorney in Brooklyn, NY.

kent:
Lynch legally represented the Clinton's. I believe it was White Water Gate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version