Author Topic: Got pulled over this past weekend.  (Read 9640 times)

g23

Got pulled over this past weekend.
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:45:37 PM »
So I was heading home from targetmaster on sat and was stopped by  the PA state police. For those of you that have been there im sure you will understand this. When leaving the parking lot I always pull across and cut through the lot where the Dunkin Donuts is. When you pull out of there cars can come up on you pretty quick. So I pulled out and there was a car coming so I stepped on it a little and my tires happened to spin. I didnt mean for it to happen but there is sand and other debris on the side of the road and it happened. So after I lost traction the car behind me was getting close so I put it in 2nd and got on it so I could get out of the way. As I got in to the right lane a wonderful Trooper was pulling behind me with his lights on. So I pulled over and sat and waited for the "do you know why I pulled you over " question and I told them I figured it was because of how I pulled out of the parking lot and they said yes I was right.. Then they asked for my lic, reg and ins which is when I told them that I have a ccw permit and I was carrying at the time.  They asked where the gun was and what kind it was. I told them. They asked was it loaded and I said yes it is. Then they said OK well next time  be a little more careful pulling out and have a nice day. That was it they didnt run my info or even check to see if I was telling the truth about the permit.

So im sure that wont be the last time in my life that im pulled over while carrying but I hope they all go as well as this one did.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Got pulled over this past weekend.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:23:48 PM »
Good news that you didn't get a ticket.
The LTCF means you passed a criminal background check when it was issued... maybe it helped.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Hank

Re: Got pulled over this past weekend.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 11:32:26 AM »
Hi g23.
I don't think you can go wrong by doing the right thing, I know there Is always an A-hold around to prove me wrong, but I stand by that. By you being able to answer all his questions, he had you pegged as one of the good guys. If you would not have known what kind of weapon you had
" RED FLAG ", If you told him It was not loaded " RED FLAG " and so on.  So I think you did very well, If I'm ever stopped I hope I do as well.
Semper Fi all. Hank

In God we trust, all others pay cash.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:45:53 PM by Sigarms12 »