Author Topic: Good Article From a Former LEO On Interacting With a CCW  (Read 10624 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Good Article From a Former LEO On Interacting With a CCW
« on: July 31, 2010, 11:39:52 AM »
This is a pretty good article. I found myself trying to determine if I fit the "profile" he seems to describe of a typical CCW carrier.

Philosophically, I support the right to carry for anyone who can exercise the responsibility for proper care and awareness. I have found, by and large, that citizens who do carry concealed are very pro-law enforcement and would be very willing to come to your aid if you were in the middle of a fire fight. This can be good and bad but I try never to forget that they are supporters of law enforcement, not felons. This is a BIG difference.

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/articles/2144601-Dealing-with-citizens-legally-carrying-a-concealed-weapon/

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Good Article From a Former LEO On Interacting With a CCW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
Interesting article.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 02:25:05 PM »
Very good article.  I wish more LEO's shared his common sense approach to CCW's. 

Crap. I do fit the profile though LOL.  Oh well.  I could fit much worse profiles I suppose!!  Well.. then again, not really LOL. 

thank you for posting this article.  :) 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »
That's very informative. I spooted a bunch of my own behaviors in there.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 01:04:08 AM »
Interesting article.
That's probably my thought, too -- although maybe for a different reason.  I feel that there's still that undertone that the CCW-holder is doing something wrong.  And even if not by this guy, he obviously speaks of others that feel that way. 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 06:31:09 PM »
I feel that there's still that undertone that the CCW-holder is doing something wrong.  And even if not by this guy, he obviously speaks of others that feel that way. 

I felt that the author was mostly trying to educate fellow LEO's that we're not doing anything wrong.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

triangle172

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 12:06:42 PM »
No real value just a contrived demonstration of common sense.

Hank

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 01:33:54 PM »
Hi all.
A very good read from another point of view, and as with people we have bad LEOs as well. The good, the bad and the ugly, and when they are ugly, they are very ugly!!! But you can walk away from ugly people but not ugly LEOs. I have been driving ever sinse the early 50s. My first license was In the service, so I could drive a 5ton truck before I could drive a car!!! In all my years of driving I have only been stopped 3 times, and I can say that all 3 times I got no tickets!!! So I guess I could say 3 good cops?

FYI, about the vests he talked about, In some places they call them a " Shoot me first vests " Guess why??? They look like a vest for hiding a handgun!!! But like I said, It was a good read.
Semper Fi. Hank.