Author Topic: My first encounter with LE  (Read 10126 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
My first encounter with LE
« on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:53 PM »
OK so yesterday my Wife, oldest son and I took a day trip to Lancaster and on the way home while on SR 202 we were stopped at a light when we felt a thump and my Wife looked at me and asked if we just got hit, Yup so I went to pull over and the other driver fled, so we decided to follow him and about eight miles down the road we finally got him to pull over. Of course very minor damage to the rear of the vehicle but this @@@ fled so needless to say I'm not gonna just exchange info so we called PA State Police so when the Trooper arrived he first talked to the guy that hit us and we could hear him giving the guy the fourth degree. So when the Trooper came up to me I gave him my permit and drivers lic. He asked me if I was carrying and where. So we continued to talk for about five minutes before he stated he wanted to relieve me of my weapon then he noticed I was a firefighter and told me I could keep my weapon. (Thought that was kinda weird) Then he kinda loosened up and joke just don't shoot me and laughed. I have to say this was a real nice Trooper he also apologize for taking so long 20 minutes that they were in the middle of shift change. I thought to my self hell it takes DSP an hour or more most of the time unless theres an injury. Needless to say the guy that hit us was arrested at the scene and come to find out he was a Priest for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Overall I have to say not too bad of an experience. I will say he was NOT familiar with the fact that Centre County Advises People to photo copy their permits and laminate them. After I told him what the original looked like he said it makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:37:10 PM by Sigarms12 »
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

mrjam2jab

Re: My first encounter with LE
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
So when the Trooper came up to me I gave him my permit and drivers lic.

You do know that here in PA...like in DE...you don't have to notify?
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »
I would rather he know ahead of time then see it on me.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:33:17 AM »
... before he stated he wanted to relieve me of my weapon ...
Was the guy that left the scene of the accident and drove for an additional eight miles cuffed during this part of the incident?  If not, but he still felt the the need to "relieve" you of your weapon -- only demonstrates that this guy has the overall intelligence of roadkill.       
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:38:47 AM »
Good point corbon, I didn't even think of that.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 11:43:52 AM »
I agree with handing over the permit with your DL.
Every LEO I know recommends that a permit holder notify the officer, regardless of the law.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon