Author Topic: Late renewal  (Read 31 times)

dalsaadhl

Late renewal
« on: May 30, 2024, 04:01:54 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Please excuse me for not knowing the answer to this question, I am still new to CCW and lacking in experience with renewals.  I just submitted my Delaware ccdw renewal application today. 
Does that mean that I need to stop concealed carrying until I receive the new license?  Do I also need to inform the other states that I hold CCWs that my license has expired?

Thank you in advance I appreciate any input.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Late renewal
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 09:25:22 PM »
No*** and No.

*** I am ASSUMING (that BAD word) your Delaware CCDW will expire TOMORROW (5/31/2024).  I tell my students when renewing (or applying initially), make 2 (TWO) copies.  You must file  an original and a copy.  On the 2nd COPY, I ask them to TIME STAMP AND STAPLE THE RECEIPT to it.  This is why....

? 1442. Carrying a concealed deadly weapon; class G felony; class D felony.

A person is guilty of carrying a concealed deadly weapon when the person carries concealed a deadly weapon upon or about the person without a license to do so as provided by ? 1441 of this title.

Carrying a concealed deadly weapon is a class G felony, unless the deadly weapon is a firearm, in which case it is a class D felony.

It shall be a defense that the defendant has been issued an otherwise valid license to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to terms of ? 1441 of this title, where:

(1) The license has expired,

(2) The person had applied for renewal of said license within the allotted time frame prior to expiration of the license, and

(3) The offense is alleged to have occurred while the application for renewal of said license was pending before the court.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.