Author Topic: Help Glock Pistols?  (Read 5386 times)

OhChit

Help Glock Pistols?
« on: December 12, 2010, 02:55:15 PM »
 Although I'm a Sig fan, Sig prices have been climbing so I find myself looking at other guns and more intriged by the Glocks. Been looking at the   G19 and G23 as a CC piece.
But my question is I've noticed that Glock seems to have several generations and it looks like they are up to Gen 4.. Can anyone tell me the advantages of the 4th over the 3rd, 2nd, etc? Glock also boost about their 3 way built in safety. Is it really as good as they advertize and that fail proof. Concerned about a mishap in my pants "the gun that is"  :o

Also any thoughts on sub compacts G26 or G27 they seem to have a very small handle might be a decent fit for a women but not sure of the steady grip in my hands as it appears that only 2 or 3 fingers can grip it and one being my triger finger leaves two on the grip and the pinky which is actually your grip control finger out in limboville.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Help Glock Pistols?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »
theres alot of stuff online that can tell you the differences in 4th gen from the 3rd gen. Heres a you tube clip that shows the differences.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtS59trmk3Q You may want to check out the glock sub-compact. Their a little larger than the compact. I have the sub-compact 30 , its 45cal and I have large hands but it hides well and dosent have a tremendous amount of recoil ( at least to me).  Im not sure where you live but lawmen supply on rt 10 in dover has a good stock. You may want to stop in and check out the feel of a few.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »
I just recently purchased a Sub Compact and chose a S&W M&P 9c. I picked the M&P due to price, fit to hand and record of reliability. I have found Glocks just too bulky in my hand and I get slide bite since I take a high grip when I shoot. other then that you cant go wrong with either gun.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 10:11:22 PM »
well, if you kept your meat cleavers where they should be, Sig, you wouldnt get bit! LOL BTW, still loving my purchase from you.  :) 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Hdrules

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 12:44:11 AM »
Hey there, this is my first post. Wow that's amazing. So how is everyone. I have the g26 and a g19 that i just recently traded a sig 250 for. I myself love the glock and am actually looking to get the g29 now, yes the 10mm. Just to add another to the collection. Sorry lets get back to the point at hand. As far as the g26 i have big hands. I just added the extensions to the mags and ta da took care of that problem. Which actually wasn't a problem in the first place to me. Take a look.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 12:56:18 AM »
I carry my G29. It's utterly reliable... and it's a cannon.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Hdrules

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 12:59:45 AM »
Definitely agree !!!

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 01:54:20 AM »
Hey Oh...,

Here's a nice description of the first 3 Glock generations for you: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=414562

and here's a good look at the new 4th gen: http://www.ldspreppers.com/showthread.php/1798-Glock-4th-Generation-Unveiled

(hope those links worked!)

I have the 19 and the 26 (both gen 3) and LOVE them both- I use the 19 for open carry and (only very recently) the 26 for concealed carry. These Glocks just work- clean or dirty they are tough, reliable/dependable, accurate, quick to field strip/easy to clean. I've never had ANY issues with either of these nugs EVER with many kinds of ammo- and that is what I've heard and read other Glock owners report too.

That is just my current 2 cents worth on my current choices- there are MANY other good pistol choices out there as well (most notably for me the S&W M&P, SIG, Ruger, and Kahr) as I'm sure you will be reading all about after this posts!  :)

I only wish I could have one of EACH type of gun to try out! Peace to all gun owners who have made different choices out there, certainly no disrespect intended to anyone. Just trying to convey... THE TRUTH! ...  ;D [lol!] Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 02:46:06 AM »
and, here is one of my most favorite You Tube guys doing a real nice comparision on the Glock generations- of course the gen 4 has a lot of good advantages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXS3c110Te4&feature=sub

(That's "Hickok45" doing a "Glock 23 gen 4 comparision" on youtube if the link fails)

Hope that helps, and please let me/us know what you decide on on why, Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

g23

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 04:51:18 PM »
I have a 2nd and 3rd gen g23.  I like the finger grips on the 3rd gen better but both shoot the same for  me. Just this past weekend I shot a gen 4 for the first time. For me it is not worth buying at this time. Having the multiple back straps to choose from  might benefit some more then others. Also I didnt feel any change with the dual recoil spring either. I carry  my gen 3 g23 in a  cross breed  supertuck 7 days a week and I DONT have any issues. 

I have shot many different guns in different calibers and sizes and have to say in my mind the glock is the most reliable.  The sig comes in a close second but the added price and weight on my belt made my mind up easily when looking for a carry gun.

Im not trying to say it is the best gun that money can and it may not be the nicest looking gun you have seen, but it's cheap compared to most and will fire accurately weather its clean or dirty.