Author Topic: Joe Biden's tip for self-defense: Get a shotgun  (Read 8564 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Joe Biden's tip for self-defense: Get a shotgun
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »
Here's a great reason NOT to trust Joey for, well, anything.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/20/us-usa-guns-biden-idUSBRE91J03720130220

Joe Biden's tip for self-defense: Get a shotgun
WASHINGTON | Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:34pm EST
(Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's advice for self-defense: Buy a shotgun, not an assault rifle.

Biden, who is spearheading a push for President Barack Obama's gun control proposals, dispensed this off-the-cuff tip for protecting life and property during an online question-and-answer session on Facebook on Tuesday.

The vice president has not one but two shotguns that he says he keeps in a locked cabinet at his house in his home state of Delaware, and he has given his wife, Jill, explicit instructions on how to deal with any would-be intruder.

"We live in an area that's wooded and secluded," Biden said. "I said, Jill, if there's ever a problem just walk out on the balcony here ... put that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house."

"I promise you whoever's coming in is not gonna," Biden said. "You don't need an AR-15 (assault rifle). It's harder to aim. It's harder to use and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself."

"Buy a shotgun," he said, lowering his voice almost to whisper.

The vice president, who is known for sometimes telling long, personal stories in his public appearances, is pushing Obama's plan for curbing gun violence following the December school shooting massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.

But some of the proposals, including a ban on the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips, have run into stiff opposition from the influential U.S. gun lobby and their advocates on Capitol Hill.

(Reporting By Matt Spetalnick)
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Joe Biden's tip for self-defense: Get a shotgun
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:55:24 AM »
When will HIS security detail swap their guns for shotguns?

Double barrel shotgun, what if more than 2 BGs?  I know, BG#3 stand right there while I reload...

Biden is an genius.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
Try this at home.  Fire 2 shots from a 12 gauge into the air from your bedroom window.  When the cops arrive, tell them you think you heard someone in the house.

Let me know how it goes.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »
I wonder if Jill ever shot a DB shotgun...and this guy is 2nd in command of the most powerful country in the world. If I had to come up with the dumbest statement for a day I don't think I could beat Joe. What's really impressive is he continues to speak & the news media repeats it.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 02:53:41 PM »
And the voters in Delaware continually re-elected him! How did you vote?

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »
Sounds like its time to move out of Delaware.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »
When Jill Biden goes out on the balcony and fires those 2 shots, that's just a signal for the Secret Service Guards that they have 24/7 to come-a-runnin' with their arsonal of AR-15s, M-16s, Ouzis, and Glocks with supe hig mags.
But, what about you and I? 2 shotgun shells and a double barrel. Although I might be attacked by a DUCK!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »
"...you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself."

OK Joe.  How many do I need?  Keep in mind that U.S.M.C. rifle companies have been known to RUN OUT OF AMMO because of one sniper!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Kilroy08

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14:52 PM »
Ugh, Biden should go back to detailing his Trans Am while rocking out to Night Ranger and leave well enough alone. I'm almost embarrassed to the point of moving to PA.

How could we have ever elected this man to office in the first place?

For those of you who aren't fans of The Onion.......

http://www.theonion.com/articles/shirtless-biden-washes-trans-am-in-white-house-dri,2718/

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »
"Nobody needs a semi-auto. Get a shotgun, a double barrel".
Does Joe know that plenty of shotguns are semi-auto? We shouldn't tell him. Isn't it nice to know that blowhards like him, who know nothing of the subject or terminology, get to tell us what to do?

As far as "stepping on the balcony and firing two rounds in the air", I suggest he read "In the gravest extreme" by Massod Ayoob. It will let this Greenville socialite know what criminals are really like, and what they want to do to him. And yea Joe, as the others have mentioned, if Jill fires a couple rounds from your double barrel shotgun, she now has to use it as a club. Dumbass....
New Castle County

John

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 10:48:43 PM »
I almost fell off the couch when I heard him say that on TV. Something goes bump in the night and he says to go shooting ramdomly into the air. I guess he can afford a better lawyer then I can. genius!

CMF

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 01:56:12 AM »
Pure Malarky ------------ sorry I had to.
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 12:46:45 PM »
Malarky as defined by dictionary in the Irish version is "Bull feces"
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 02:31:06 PM »
And to prove their point they had a picture of Biden next to the definition!

I would like to see a new version of the carnival game where you race to hit the gophers in the head with a mallet to send him back into their various holes. They need to replace the gopher with a likeness of Biden and everytime he sticks his head up to say something stoopid you get to bop him on the head with a rubber mallet and send him back into his hole.  (the problem would be that with his rate of idiotic comments your arm will reach muscle failure very quickly)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:33:14 PM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 02:47:24 PM »
And to prove their point they had a picture of Biden next to the definition!

I would like to see a new version of the carnival game where you race to hit the gophers in the head with a mallet to send him back into their various holes. They need to replace the gopher with a likeness of Biden and everytime he sticks his head up to say something stoopid you get to bop him on the head with a rubber mallet and send him back into his hole.  (the problem would be that with his rate of idiotic comments your arm will reach muscle failure very quickly)

You would also need a very large Mallat to shut him up!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County