Author Topic: Gabby Giffords hubby buys a AR?  (Read 2527 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: Gabby Giffords hubby buys a AR?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »
The Giffords household needs an AR-15 like they need a hole in the h.........OH, never mind.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

xring

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »
If I were the store owner, I would have refused to sell to him.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 05:06:07 PM »
Wasn't she at one time in favor of self defense and an NRA member and advocate? No clue about his background bt I thought she used to be pro gun.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 10:33:51 PM »
 Ok guys,  you cant buy a gun for someone else.     So when he said he was buying it just to turn it in?   is n't this againts the law?    Its like that high cap mag thing on the news..   
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

jopy2020

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 11:58:17 PM »
Technically it is not against the law because he is "planning" to take possession of the firearm and voluntarily surrender it to law enforcement, so he is not necessarily buying it for someone else. I think he is full of it though. Why would you go into a gun store to buy a handgun, and just out of the blue buy an ar-15 to prove how easily you can get it? Of course he can get an ar-15 with relative ease. He is, if I am not mistaken, a former astronaut with the NASA program, which would probably suggest that he has an almost superlative military record with the Air Force or Navy as a pilot. I am just speculating on his military service, but I am pretty sure it is not far off the mark. The funny thing is he was trying to show a flaw in the system, but he used his own credentials as a measure. Makes no sense. If he wanted to expose a flaw, why not send a person with a questionable mental history, or a felony charge on their record to see if they could walk out with it? I guess he just didn't think on it to hard, or could it be he was there to actually get the ar-15 and thought no one would find out? Thoughts?
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County