General Gun Discussion > Handgun Corner

What are you carrying?

<< < (3/10) > >>

GunEnvy:
Welcome to the forum and back to the state. If you would let us know what you think of the ankle rig. I've thought about it but I haven't met alot of people that carry that way to get a good feeling of if it would suit me. I have a 642 that I carry in my pocket sometimes but I don't really like it. Between keys and wallet and my chapstick there isn't alot of room in there.

marvinbean:
Finally received my Mika pocket holster, it is fantastic using it with a pair of jeans. I do agree with you GunEnvy , with all the items I carried in both pockets now combined into one, it seems that I have bulging pockets although you can't tell I'm carrying with the Mika in place.  The ankle holster I was using was a Galco Ankle Glove and I was getting used to it, just a little extra weight but it sure frees up the pocket space. I believe I will have to do the pick and choose method according to the situation of where and what I will be doing that particular day.     

Fire44:
S&W 915 9mm with a 15 +1 and a 18 round as spare.  I have been using a concealment tee from "A Better Holster" and have been very happy with it except I am fighting a moisture problem.  I have a spot on the slide where the holster gets tight on the slide is wearing the finish with the moisture.  I am keeping the gun well oiled and hope that will help, but I would consider any other suggestions!!

fdegree:

--- Quote from: hawkeye on February 10, 2009, 01:59:47 AM ---Taurus Millennium Pro PT111. Carry in a CrossBreed Supertuck Holster.

--- End quote ---

Hawkeye...how do you like the crossbreed holster with the Taurus?

I have the 3rd generation Millennium Pro - 9mm, and I am considering the same crossbreed holster...wondering what you can tell me about it.

Thanks!!!

CorBon:

--- Quote from: GunEnvy on February 11, 2009, 04:45:50 PM ---Only advise I would give as to the shoulder rig is that you always have to wear a coat or vest even in August.
--- End quote ---
Ah, the August-worn vest.  Nothing says “I gotta big-assed honkin’ handcannon on me” like wearin’ a photographer's vest in August.  Well, I guess that having a t-shirt that says “I gotta big-assed honkin’ handcannon on me” is close, but not as universally accepted.  Also, wearing a fanny-pack (either in the front or back) sends the same message.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version